Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

Basically, I am trying to print photos, and it suddenly just won't work. Had it for a while and this is the first issue that I've had.

The photos will take a while to send to printer, then it will fail to print, The status indicator light will flash red, I'll get a 'something went wrong, let's try thig  again' and a 'printer queue paused' message' and then the light will remain white. 

The app is fully updated, I have reset the sprocket, and the firmware is updated. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@emily2345
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

What is the operating system? iOS or Android?

HP Sprocket app may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure that iOS/Android is up to date with its software, if you are unsure, you may use the steps available here to update iOS and for Android

1.) On your iPhone, open Settings.

2.) Touch Bluetooth, below My devices, tap on the little “i” icon on the HP Sprocket device..

3.) Select Forget this Device, confirm by touching Forget Device.

4.) Turn off iPhone

5.) Reset HP Sprocket, refer to step 4 from this document.

6.) Turn on iPhone.

7.) Open the HP sprocket app.

8.) Tap the Menu icon  , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

9.) Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

For Android:

1) Go to Settings > Bluetooth.

2) Tap on the little “i” icon of the Bluetooth device you want to remove.

3) Tap “Forget this Device.”

4) Confirm by tapping “Forget Device.” and Add the sprocket printer.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I'm on IOS and  I tried this and it still doesnt work. Just sends to printer, tries to print and then a something went wrong message. 

HP Recommended

@emily2345
Could you please try updating the Sprocket firmware and iOS. Once you update both the devices, restart both devices ensure that they are connected and then print:

Updating iOS: Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Tap Settings > General > SoftwareUpdate. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.

Updating HP sprocket:

Select the app from the list, and then check for an updateUpdate the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This still didn't work. I fully updated the app, my phone, everything. Still a really slow send to printer, then it'll look like it's going to print and then i get a printer queue paused, and 'something went wrong, let's try that again' message

HP Recommended

@emily2345
Could you check for any error,

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue: Sprocket app go to Hamburger menu>Printer Settings>Device State and you will see the error message. 

Keep me posted! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.