Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket
iOS

I have been trying for hours to update my firmware on my hp sprocket with absolutely no luck!  Charged it completely, uninstalled and reinstalled app, even reset my sprocket by putting a pin in to push the button!!  I got the product in August and haven't used it more than 25 times so I am highly frustrated with it!!  Any help will be appreciated..... 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

As of now there is no support for iOS 11.2... No ETA as well

HP Recommended
It’s telling me it has an upgrade and it won’t print anything either!
HP Recommended

any chance that you have another device around?  That is, if you can make a Bluetooth connection via another phone or tablet, you can try that.  I found I had a problem getting the firmware updated by my tablet, but I used a phone here (not mine but a newer one) and it did the upgrade in just a few minutes.  It might be worth a shot.

HP Recommended
I tried on both my phone and iPad I didn’t even have the app on the iPad, but I think I’m gonna try it on my brothers phone! It’s just so frustrating because I’ve used it maybe 20 times and already having problems with it!
HP Recommended

It only works on iOS version < 11.2

HP Recommended
I have 11.2 on both of phone and iPad but it won’t print. I’ve done EVERYTHING! Safe to say at this point it isn’t going to work!
HP Recommended

Does the firmware fully download?  Or is related to when it sends that over to the Sprocket printer?  When you watch the download, is it super slow or hanging at a particular place?

HP Recommended

@rachelsobieski wrote:
I have 11.2 on both of phone and iPad but it won’t print. I’ve done EVERYTHING! Safe to say at this point it isn’t going to work!

You are not the only one with the same issue. HP is notified about it in several regions. So far we can only wait.

HP Recommended
I hope it gets figured out soon! It’s a huge disappointment for what it cost for the printer!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.