rachelsobieski
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post

can't update my hp sprocket with new firmware

HP Recommended
sprocket
iOS

I have been trying for hours to update my firmware on my hp sprocket with absolutely no luck!  Charged it completely, uninstalled and reinstalled app, even reset my sprocket by putting a pin in to push the button!!  I got the product in August and haven't used it more than 25 times so I am highly frustrated with it!!  Any help will be appreciated..... 

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Sender_XYZ
Level 3
35 27 2 8
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As of now there is no support for iOS 11.2... No ETA as well

0 Kudos
rachelsobieski
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It’s telling me it has an upgrade and it won’t print anything either!
0 Kudos
freighter
Level 3
29 28 0 10
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

any chance that you have another device around?  That is, if you can make a Bluetooth connection via another phone or tablet, you can try that.  I found I had a problem getting the firmware updated by my tablet, but I used a phone here (not mine but a newer one) and it did the upgrade in just a few minutes.  It might be worth a shot.

0 Kudos
rachelsobieski
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I tried on both my phone and iPad I didn’t even have the app on the iPad, but I think I’m gonna try it on my brothers phone! It’s just so frustrating because I’ve used it maybe 20 times and already having problems with it!
0 Kudos
Sender_XYZ
Level 3
35 27 2 8
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It only works on iOS version < 11.2

0 Kudos
rachelsobieski
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have 11.2 on both of phone and iPad but it won’t print. I’ve done EVERYTHING! Safe to say at this point it isn’t going to work!
0 Kudos
freighter
Level 3
29 28 0 10
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the firmware fully download?  Or is related to when it sends that over to the Sprocket printer?  When you watch the download, is it super slow or hanging at a particular place?

0 Kudos
Sender_XYZ
Level 3
35 27 2 8
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@rachelsobieski wrote:
I have 11.2 on both of phone and iPad but it won’t print. I’ve done EVERYTHING! Safe to say at this point it isn’t going to work!

You are not the only one with the same issue. HP is notified about it in several regions. So far we can only wait.

0 Kudos
rachelsobieski
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I hope it gets figured out soon! It’s a huge disappointment for what it cost for the printer!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation