Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The suggested steps do not address what seems to be an of installed FW and App. Phone connects to printer. However, HP Sprocket app is not able first to connect for download of new FW and then to detect connection to printer and enable to upgrade from the first try. I tried all suggested troubleshooting steps and none worked. All suggestions from HP Forum was the same just with different sequences (Upair device, uninstall app, reinstall app, reconnect device). Was able to upgrade firmware by retrying installation a few times until it went through.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pedroih,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the HP Sprocket won't connect to the phone. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

At the outset, you’ve diagnosed the issue perfectly before posting the query on HP forums. Excellent job on that score. Kudos to you for that.

It is always a privilege to work with technically savvy customers. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. We value your relationship with HP and wish to serve you better.

Let's start off by performing a reset on the printer: 

Reset the printer again.

1. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  2. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

3. Press and hold the power button until the Status Indicator light is solid and white.

The printer is now ready to print.

1. Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
  2. Power off your sprocket printer
  3. In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
  4. Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off.
  5. Power on your sprocket printer
  6. Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth).
  7. Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade.
  8. Once done, try to check if it's resolved.

Alternatively, you can go through this link: Click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @pedroih - 

Can you try completely closing the Sprocket app (double click home button, then swipe up on Sprocket app to close), then reopen the app and see if you're able to connect?

Ideally you can make sure you have the latest firmware version (Menu -> sprocket -> Printers -> Firmware Version), which should be 1.1.5.

If the app isn't showing a connection to the device, I'd once again suggest completely closely the app and restarting it.

Thanks,

-Brandon

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

What you posted is what I mentioned I did following all the postings and troubleshooting provided. I was succesful in updating the FW by persistenly retrying until it went through. The suggested fix of App uninstall, device connection removal, etc. might be needed but end user has to give it a few tries until it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.