Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Plus
iOS 12 - 12.0.1

Hello

I saw in the Sprocket Plus manual a mention of "Shared Print Queue" feature

but I am unable to find this function in either iOS or Android app ...

Maybe this function had been removed and the manual is outdated ?

Manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05795256

Rgards

Piotr

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@elPiotr

A warm welcome to HP Forums!This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

The Print Queue on HP Sprocket App allows you to save photos to print later and send consecutive prints to your device, you can queue photos offline for future printing and also send prints to your HP Sprocket Printer while on the go. I believe we can access the Print Queue from the Main Menu of the HP Sprocket app or from the print preview screen. Tap on the light grey bar under your photo to view prints in the queue. You may refer to page 9 on this document.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

please refer to page 11 of the manual 

here a Shared Print Queue feature is mentioned that should permit to many person to print thru your smartphone

but in the App is not present !

I attach a screenshot of that manual page.

Regards

Piotr

Screen Shot 2019-01-01 at 19.38.09.png

HP Recommended

Hi,

I understand you are looking to use shared print queue with Sprocket Plus. This feature is only available on the latest 2nd edition Sprocket printer. The Sprocket Plus only supports one printer connection. 

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for the reply

I am sorry if I may sound rude but, have you spent at lest 1 minute opening the link

and discovering that this is the Sprocket Plus manual ??

Is NOT the 2nd edition Sprocket manual .... and there IS the Shared Print Queue on manual !!!

So the Shared Print Queue should be available also on Sprocket Plus OR the Sprocket Plus manual is totally wrong !!

Regards

Piotr

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 19.41.04.png

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have sent an escalation to get the manual updated. The only printer that supports a BLE connection is latest Sprocket 200 printer. The Sprocket Plus bluetooth does not support this functionality. We apologize for any confusion. 

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

With all due respect, from what I read and understand on the manual,

the Shared Print Queue should be something supported by the app, not by the printer.

Should be something that the app Host ( in the manual: Host Shared Print Queue ) on the only device that actually connect to the sprocket

then other guest use the app feature Join ( in the manual: Join Shared Print Queue ) to connect to sprocket app hosting the queue ( I assume this is done via bluetooth or wireless )

So actually is only one device that actually connect to the sprocket printer, the other that join the queue print through the host app.

Maybe this feature was present in the first release of the app ( the one that the manual refers to )

and maybe was lately removed without updating the manual ...

Does this sound plausible ?

Regards
Piotr

HP Recommended

Hello,

You are correct. This feature is no longer available via the app. The only printer currently supporting shared printer queue is the Sprocket 200. 

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

HP Recommended

That is a pity and maybe a fraud !

Because I have read the manual when I had to choose the printer and I've choose the Sprocket Plus also because of the Shared Print Queue ... and now I discover that something that was advertized in the manual is not true !

I think I will send back the printer ...

this way of doing business is really unfair and in my opinion a big fall of fame for a big brand like was HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.