Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
23-s310
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

Advance greetings for the X-mas followed by the New year 2017.

Unfortunately,I was trying to enable/disable the Function keys from the BIOS option under the System Configuration without any luck on my 'Sprout by HP'.

I do not see any options as such there to do the required changes.

Can anyone help me in updating with any workaround for the Function keys as sometimes, it creates issues (example, Playing games/shutting down or using the office shortcuts)?

Thank you in advance. Have a nice time.

Regards,

DC-IND

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello@DC-IND,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance in disabling the function keys on your PC keyboard. Did I get it, right?

There aren’t any other ways to disable the function keys as those keys are a part of keyboard driver.

BIOS will only provide certain options like changing the boot order and test few hardware.

But the function keys cannot be disabled.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello@DC-IND,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.

I understand that you need assistance in disabling the function keys on your PC keyboard. Did I get it, right?

There aren’t any other ways to disable the function keys as those keys are a part of keyboard driver.

BIOS will only provide certain options like changing the boot order and test few hardware.

But the function keys cannot be disabled.

Hope this answers the question. Please let me know more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello Resolv-S,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, you were right in identifying that, I was trying to enable/disable the function key.

Unfortunately, there is no options to disable/enable this buttons as the device does not supports it, as confirmed by Management.

Anyways, thanks a lot for your time & concern.

Merry X-mas & dvance Happy new year to all.

Regards,

DC-IND

HP Recommended

Hi@DC-IND,

Thanks for the response.

It’s my pleasure of helping you with the right information for your query.

You can reach HP Support Forums anytime regarding any questions/queries on your HP products.

Merry X-Mas and Advance New Year wishes as well.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.