Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Split 13 x2 PC Product number E8C34UA#ABA and serial number(Personal information removed). Windows 8.1 updated last night and this morning I completed the custom setup but, not the recommended setup, then I shut the computer down. The following morning, today, I turned my tablet on and got a message of [Flash Dock EC] Yes or No before Windows 8.1 loaded. My first thought is the update caused the issue but reading other people’s posts, they didn’t get the message associated with the update. There does not seem to be a resolution to be found on the web so I am a little hesitant to pay for service, since I am out of warranty, although I only started using the table about 1 week ago, when I am not sure anything can be detected. I also belive I saw a brief message about Adobe and I just installed that yesterday, before the 8.1 update. Has anyone else had this issue that know the cause or the resolution?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hey @KSS2014 ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving a Flash Dock EC error on your Split 13 x2.

Typically this error is associated with the keyboard dock. Do you get the same error with and without the tablet docked to the keyboard?

It's likely that something recent caused the problem and could very well have been the results of the update. 

If the keyboard dock works, try tapping F11 on start up to access the recovery manager. From here run a system restore to before you ran the update.

If the keyboard is not working, try turning on the tablet by holding the power and volume down buttons at the same time to access the recovery drive.

Let me know if that works. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI,

My HP splitx2 doestnt work anymore. Please Help!

First the keyboard stopped working... I still could log in with the tablet when I detached it/ or touch screen....

But then I got this message Flash Dock EC yes or no? and after that my laptop stopped working, the screen is black and it won't charge or turn on anymore. Since I am living in Aruba, it is a bit difficult for me to send it back to the store in the US were we bought it.

What can I do??? All my personal files are saved in on the laptop.

Thank you advance for your response.

Regards,

MPS in Aruba

HP Recommended

Hey @MPSAruba ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your notebook has stopped working.

HP offers a Global Warranty. This warranty covers your product regardless of which country you are in or where you purchased the product. There is however one important note: Service for your product is subject to the availability of parts in your current location. So if parts for an american product are not available in Aruba they may not be able to service your notebook in Arub and the unit would need to be shipped to a friend or family member in the US. Once shipped they can send it to the service center on your behalf and return it to you.

You can read about the Global Warranty here: Global Warranty and FAQs

You can find contact information for HP Support in Aruba here: Contact HP - Caribbean

Thanks! 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I just got my wife an HP split and after the BIOS update, it starred doing this as well.  Sounds like something bad happened during the update.  I have clicked NO every time and everything still works, but a solution would be nice.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I had a couple of issues with the last HP update, but since the tablet is now 16 months old, I understand things just happen.  Is there a generic replacement docking station for the HP split 2x?  I would just buy one and get on with things.  I can plug in the A/C to the tablet, move files via wireless (no USB port in tablet).  I just struggle typing ... so I really want to get a new docking station.  thanks 

HP Recommended

The keyboard for my split X2 has been going off and on for few months now. I  usually use the touch keyboard when this happens. I applied the BIOS update a while ago and since then the flash [yes or no] icon has been appearing whenever I want to start the computer.

My computer screen got cracked a little while ago and the touch keyboard is no longer functioning. The keyboard has finally ceased to work. With the flash dock request requiring a selection before start-up, I can no longer switch my computer  on.

I purchased it in Nigeria and am presently in the United Kingdom. 

What do I do?

HP Recommended

Hi @PerlRules ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi George 

My Split X2 have same issue ... dock stop to communiate with *tablet* and ask for a Flash Dock EC everytime that it's connected.

Yes option return a message of a successfully flash but still asking for same procedure,, without success to use keyboard.

i can charge tablet only direct althought charge light on dock looks like fulled charge.

I tried to update Bios to a newest release but dont solved my problem.

I bought in 04/2014 in USA but Im live in Brasil.

Any clue or procedure to try?

Thanks in advance

Joaquim

HP Recommended
FYI. I the same issue on another post. I followed support recommendations with the following scenario:

I tried updating the drivers which did not work.
I could not perform a system restore because I did not ser it up. Thus I had to transfer all my 80 Gb of data to a cloud service .... So frustrating and discontent with HP products now

I finally performed a factory recovery with a negative result!!!

I wonder how HP can put out an update that will have such a bad effect and affect their reputation
As I mentioned earlier I don't have a warranty anymore, what's next? Will HP honor its product and render free service to fix the unit?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.