Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavillion detachable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My laptop screen accidentally detached one day whilst i was placing it down and now the keyboard will only work at a certain angle. It is only a year old. Is it something to do with the magnet? Or do you think if I clean it it’ll be fine again, as around the magnet and attaching areas it seems to be dirty.
Please help, thanks
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @mooji,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I read from your post, that you are having issues with the Notebook keyboard works only at a certain angle. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you check for any damage on the PC?

As I understand you are having this issue after attaching the notebook, now the keyboard seems to have an issue, where it works only at a certain angle. If you are comfortable in Opening and replacing the part, you could try to clean it.

However, If the issue gets worst, then I would suggest the next step would be to contact our HP phone support for available service related options. 

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, etc.) there could be a additional charges in such cases to get the computer repaired via HP service centers. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sorry for late reply.
I have the Pavillion x2 Detachable 10-n100a.
How would i clean it?
The computer was dropped from a low angle and then found detached. Afterwards the keyboard has only ever been able to work from an angle, or if there is pressure on the screen the keyboard works fine (if you press down on the top or the screen near the turn on/off button, the keyboard works fine)
HP Recommended
To add, if it is expensive to repair or fix I will just go out and buy another computer. I can not believe how easy it was for this to be damaged. I have had other laptops of 5+ years with no issue, this happened in just under a year of ownership
HP Recommended

@mooji,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.