Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omni 10 5600ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My touch screen will not work. The i2c HID driver shows a code 10 fault. I spoke to HP support and they suggested holding the off button for 30secs. This cured the problem initially but only for a short time. Many others seem to have this problem, is there a fix for it yet

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi there @RB9,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having a problem with the Touchscreen not working in Windows 10. I am happy to help with this.

Open the Start menu, and type Device Manager in the search box. Click on Device Manager in the displayed list.

Open Human Interface Devices to see the list of devices.

Find and right click the HID-compliant touch screen, and select Disable.

It will ask if you want to disable it because it may stop working - click Yes.

Then, right click again and Enable the device and then test to see if it works.

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi Malygris 1

Thanks for your reply. I tried the disable and then enable, but it did not work. The problem started inilitally when it was running on windows 8.1and to overcome it  I turned the tablet off by holding the off switch. when I then re-booted the touch screen would usually work, and all would be OK for a while. When I upgraded to Windows 10 it was OK for a while. Then the problem occoured again and I overcame in the same way, but now holding the off button to turn it off when the driver fails to load does not resolve it. Looking on line it appears many others have the same problem with lenovo, dell and other units. Occationally when microsoft do a security update and I turn the tablet on the touch screen will work for a short period until I shut down. When I then re-start the driver fails to load. I have now resorted to using a wireless mouse to enable me to use the tablet, so would be very grateful if you can find a solution.

HP Recommended

Have you checked to see if the touch screen still works from the BIOS? (Power off - hold volume down and press the power button. Release the volume down when the BIOS appears)

If you can click any of the buttons in this, it would suggest a corrupt driver, if updating the driver doesnt help, you may have to go down the route of reinstalling Windows.

If you are unable to press any of the buttons on the BIOS screen, this would suggest a temporamental hardware fault (i.e. a loose connection).

Personally, I couldnt even click anything on the BIOS screen and as my warranty had expired, I opened the tablet up, and used electrical tape across the connectors for the touchscreen and this has cured my problems for the last 4 months.

(please note open the tablet at your own risk - i cannot be held responsable for any damage caused)

Andy

HP Recommended

Hi Andy

When I was connecting to a Bluetooth Keyboard the screen on the tablet the screen froze so I had to turn the tablet off by holding the off key. When I turned it back on the touch screen was working. I then created a restore point and shut down the tablet. When I turned it back on the touch screen would'nt work. I did a system restore and it then started working again, so the driver is OK. When I then turned it off and back on again the touch screen stopped working, so it appears to be the way the unit boots up, or somthing in the start or shutdown sequence.

HP Recommended

I have try lots of time to RESET, RESTORE but it's not working at all

I have disable and then again enable the driver but no result...

I'm really irritated  with this product now.... because this is 3rd time I've got the same issue.... 

if touch pad not working than what is the meaning of pad...

wested lots of time behind this to install only i2c HID problem....

Kindly suggest me something permanent solution for this ISSUE...

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

I have given up trying to get the touch screen working on my Omni 10.  If I hold the on off button down when switching on the tablet until the message automatic repair comes up sometimes the touch screen works but not always.

I have now purchased a bluetooth keyboard and also a bluetooth mouse. It defeats the object of having a tablet particularly if you want to use the camers, but at least I can use it as a small PC. I am dissappointed with HP over this issue particularly as I have had several HP machines over the last few years with which I have been generally very pleased.

HP Recommended

Make sure all your drivers are up to date including the bios.  You can download drivers for the HP omni 10 here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Omni-10-Tablet/5447845/model/6475028/drivers

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have one of these hunks of crap as well .......

Same problem, the power on button is crap and now the touch screen has barfed as well.

Can you please post instruction on how to take this hunk of sh*t apart ?

Since HP Canada has decidewd to ignore my repeadted requests to get these qualty control problems fixed and says a big FU to it's customers I might as well .... I got nuthen to lose!

Cheers'
Dave

HP Recommended

This also  maybe worth  persuing i  have updated  my tablet to  the latest windows 10 aniversary version so far it seems to be behaving i also went into the power mangemnt tab  of the 12C hid device driver and took the tick out of allow the computer to n trun off the device to save power. the other intresting thing is the con staly  annoying of haveing reglogn every time it  switches istlef off has gone.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.