Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I still do not have an answer to my question on why the Elitepad shows "Plugged in, Not Charging" when the battery is down in the 12%-30% range.  i.E. not anywhere near full.

I am currently in Italy.  When I go to Authorised Service Providers and tell the page I am in Italy, the page immediately translates to Italian.   This is not a HP issue, lots of websites do it.  Just because I am in Italy doesn't mean I can speak Italian!!!  (this really irritates me no end but as I said it is not a problem exclusive to HP)

How can I find someone to fix my tablet in Rome when I can't get past the first page?  I am currently in Sicily and the HP tablet is rare here.  I took it to a major electronics company to see if they could fix it and all that generated was all the staff wanting to look at it and they really had no clue.

How can I get the Service Provider page to show me Italian addresses BUT stay in English.  This charging issue needs to be fixed before I can use the tablet and its been dragging on for months now.

thanks

Hoges

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for that info.

The battery itself is not the problem, it is the connection.  I purchased the unit as an ex-demonstation unit from a HP dealer in Sydney, Australia.  I think it had been charged and unplugged 364 times to the connection is not rock solid.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier somewhere but I live on a yacht and am sitting in the Med at the moment, a long way from Australia.  Re the shipping suggestion:-  we have friends coming to visit on or around 8th July in Porto Turistico di Roma.  If I can't locate the HP repair dude in Roma, I will get my friends to take it back to Oz to get it fixed.  There is a warranty on it there but that's not the main issue, it's just accessing a competent (read:- authorised) repairer.

We are not short of processing power with two Toshiba laptops, an iPad2 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 plus a new iPhone6 so it's not a major downer.  However, because I live on my yacht, I get all my magazines via Zinio and the HP is dedicated to my magazine collection, plus some Windows based games and the ability to deal with MS Office when we are off the boat.

So it's not crucial but it's desirable that I get it working well again.

Again, thank you for your help.  It makes a difference.

Hoges

p.s. When I retired my Bank was glad to see me go because I was a firm believer in the swift kick, which is apparently out of favour in these modern times. :HalfEyes:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey @hogesinwa

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the ElitePads are a commercial product. You can do this here Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice.  Do I copy-and-paste or is there a switch where I can "relocate" the original post?

Hoges

HP Recommended

Personally I would just copy and paste. 🙂

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

For some reason I am not permitted to Post in that link - says it's "Read Only".  There is another message at the top which says that all the posts there are being shifted to other areas in HP Support Forums.

If that's true, the timing coincidence is remarkable (just when I want to do something!)

I am not sure of what section to repost this thing into.  A section on "How to find a HP repairer in a foreign country " would be good.

Hoges

HP Recommended

Appears they're merging the consumer and commercial forums and kind of unfortunate timing on your question. I tried to find some service providers in Rome or close by but ran into similar troubles not being able to speak Italian. 

Do you perhaps have a friend or family member that could help navigate or call us to attempt finding a local service location? Our Italy phone number is 02 38591212 in Italy and we can be reached Monday-Friday 8:00 to 17:00.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I went to the marina office and asked the lady who is the boss of the office to ring for me.  It is a number in Milan.  We chose Option 3 for computers etc.

She spoke to the person who came on and they didn't know where to get a Tablet repaired in Rome (I will be in Rome sometime early July in the marina).

The "worker" there wasn't interested in finding out any more information for us.  Not good for assisting in HP market penetration, for sure.

Anyway, the manager in the marina tried the website again but when we click on Rome for dealers, we get taken to a page for some Education Program????

I don't know about the US of A but I can't see how HP Italy makes a dollar on any day of the week.

I found a phone number for Rome but I don't know if it's a repair shop or an office block.  I will try it when I get to Rome in a month or so.  If it works, I'll get the tablet repaired.  If it doesn't, I guess I'll just cut my losses, junk it and go buy a Surface Pro 3 when they get around to fixing their 4G issue.

Thanks for all your assistance.  It's been useful.  Someone in HP needs to aim a good swift kick up at some Italian representatives' ....... though.  Not sure you're allowed to do this in today's corporate environment.:smileyhappy:

Hoges

HP Recommended

I don't think they take swift kicks in the pants very lightly around here lol. There is also the option, depending on how far you want to take this, of sending the tablet to a contact in the same area the tablet was purchased which will ensure support for the device is available. For example if you got it in the states and aren't currently there you could ship it to a friend and have them send it to us for repair on your behalf and they can then ship it back to you once the repair is done. 

There's also a few things you can try before resorting to repair, if you haven't already tried them and the tablet is still usable.

1. Reinstall the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. This is found in Device Manager under the Battery section. Right click (long press) on it and uninstall it. Once uninstalled, simply restart the ElitePad and it will automatically reinstall. 

2. Test and calibrate the battery. You should be able to do this following this guide, assuming it has the feature like our consumer Windows tablets: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 😎.

If you can tell me the exact model ElitePad I might be able to find something else to suggest. 🙂

Thanks.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for that info.

The battery itself is not the problem, it is the connection.  I purchased the unit as an ex-demonstation unit from a HP dealer in Sydney, Australia.  I think it had been charged and unplugged 364 times to the connection is not rock solid.

I don't know if I mentioned this earlier somewhere but I live on a yacht and am sitting in the Med at the moment, a long way from Australia.  Re the shipping suggestion:-  we have friends coming to visit on or around 8th July in Porto Turistico di Roma.  If I can't locate the HP repair dude in Roma, I will get my friends to take it back to Oz to get it fixed.  There is a warranty on it there but that's not the main issue, it's just accessing a competent (read:- authorised) repairer.

We are not short of processing power with two Toshiba laptops, an iPad2 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 plus a new iPhone6 so it's not a major downer.  However, because I live on my yacht, I get all my magazines via Zinio and the HP is dedicated to my magazine collection, plus some Windows based games and the ability to deal with MS Office when we are off the boat.

So it's not crucial but it's desirable that I get it working well again.

Again, thank you for your help.  It makes a difference.

Hoges

p.s. When I retired my Bank was glad to see me go because I was a firm believer in the swift kick, which is apparently out of favour in these modern times. :HalfEyes:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.