Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

That helped a lot...Thanks..

HP Recommended

Uninstalling this patch worked for me. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just want to set expectations that this is a temporary fix as Win 10 update will creep up to you in no time. The technical team is working with Microsoft but that might take a while.

Have you considered using HP Scan and Capture apps?  This does not need Solution Center and you can still scan.

HP AiO Remote apps

Follow these steps to get the apps (if it's not already installed) :

Go to Windows Store
Search for "HP AiO Remote" apps
Install the apps.
The apps should detect your wireless printer, under the apps, there is a "Scan" function.
Click on the Scan and it will direct you to download the "Scan and Capture" apps.
After installing, you should be able to Scan.

Hope that helps.

Please click the “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem and “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Found this solution helpful.  

I have a c4180 printer running on windows 10.  yesterday when I clicked the desktop solution centre ICON it would look like it was trying to open but would fail.    In my case the process seemed to vary a little from that described  in my case I searched for KB3132372, clicked it and the prompt uninstall appeared I uninstalled and then was propmted to reboot.   After the reboot the HP solution ICON worked.

HP Recommended

Same issue with my HP All In One.  Any timetable for a fix?  Is the risk high if you uninstall the windows update?

HP Recommended

Had the same problem but this solution seems to work for me (I hope) on my Photoshop C5180 All-in-One.

This has been a nightmare! I cursed HP but it seems WIN 10 is the culprit. 

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Greetings to all,

I want to thank everyone for your participation in this matter; but as noted Greg21, I would not uninstall the security patch update that MS W10 made without knowing the risks they expose my PC. I'll wait a few days with the hope that HP and MS W10 come with a safe solution to be accepted. If not, I would have to do it anyway in order to work with my HP Officejet 7210xi All-in-One printer.

YuvenHill.

P.S. By the way, it seems that was ajb_1961,, who gave this workaround first. Thanks to him.

HP Recommended

Hi YuvenHill and all the rest of you,

Thanks for your endorsements.

I have used HPSC as it allows me to set up quick scan profiles.

Tonight (I'm of GMT) I wanted to scan and noticed that HPSC did not work again so you might have to uninstall KB3132372 if you want to use HPSC again before they find the fix.

The best fix would be for HP to stop using Flash as this has known security issues - read loads on this.

I think the HP work around is a poor sub. for HPSC.

Cheers all and Happy New Year

AJB

HP Recommended

The culprit is the Windows update (KB3132372) that was automatically installed on 12/29/15.  I uninstalled the update and my HP Support Center started to work again immediately.  To uninstall I went to my Windows setting; clicked on Update and Security, clicked on advanced options; click on view your update history; click on uninstall updates which opens another window.  Here, I went to the above mentioned update and checked it.  Then click uninstall button at the top and that should do it.  Hopefully, HP will send out a patch that will take care of this before Microsoft updates it again.

HP Recommended

I have had the exact issue with the exact computer.  I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the large program and the minimal program.  I only get a ding sound now.....did not get that until this evening.  I have been working on this all day.

I will really miss the ease of the Solutions Center.  They better help us fast!  I will continue to follow posts.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.