Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I purchased a ZBook Studio G5 notebook from goodwill (of all places), for quite a pretty penny.  Just got it today, and I found some issues that I wasn't expecting with the notebook, leading me to believe that this is likely a test sample machine from HP?  Also, the battery states "property of HP, not for resale" - apparently why it was donated to goodwill. 

Now, before you send HP goons to recover secrets, this system did NOT come with any storage, No SSD/HDD, which is surprising, considering the last computer I got from goodwill had the guys entire life/biz (passport scans and all)..  

#1- On the back side, the Product ID and Serial Number is listed as x's... NOthing but x's.  Even the warranty listing is XXyXXmXXd...  Now, I do show that the bios and software can pull my serial and product ID, the serial cannot be found on HP's website when doing a lookup.

#2- When looking up the Product ID, I am taken to the correct product, and do show a great system similar to what i have.  however I don't show the CPU listed that HWinfo/cpu-Z and similar programs show, which is the Xeon-2400 Coffee lake H (engineering sample).  It also looks like these systems SHOULD come with a NVIDIA Quadro P1000 (mine, sadly... APparently doesn't, but i haven't checked under the hood too thoroughly.  I really was hoping for something better than the intel 630 hd graphics.  Is there by chance an MXM port in this sucker so i can throw a gtx 860 which is laying around in there?  Is there really no GPU?  WHY?! WHY Ohhhh WHYYYYY!?  Also, I cant find any info on this Xeon-2400, any insights?

#3.  No SOUND... I updatedthe driver, still none.

#4- Not sure what other specs line up with the product ID and which were not included in this machine. 

SOooooo, whatever yall could tell me about what I have here, would be apreciated.  is it rare that these products come to surface, if so, what should i expect? Any support?  I mean, its practically new, I would hope to have a little bit of a warranty perhaps?  Hell, my Envy 17m-AE165nr still has 6 months of support left.  

System Manufacturer: HP
Product Name: 4NH78UT#ABA
Product Version:
Product Serial Number: [edited]
UUID: {AA612923-466D-AC8C-BDB4-FF18857E43C4}
SKU Number: 4NH78UT#ABA
Family: 103C_5336AN

Thank you for your insight.  I do have HWinfo export if you find that to be handy.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@gwfbwln

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.