Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

make sure you have the latest BIOS/Drivers to support the TB dock on the ZBook 15 G3. Pick the Intel AND either NVidia or AMD graphics as built into your laptop

Component NameCategory on Product Support Page on hp.comSoftpaq #VersionWhere to Verify
BIOS(BIOS)SP760371.06Bios F10 Setup à System Information
Intel Thunderbolt Secure Connect Driver(Driver - Controller)SP7478315.3.39.250Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details.
Intel® Thunderbolt™ Firmware Update Utility(Firmware)SP7493516.1.7.0.6Right click Thunderbolt Tray Icon à Settings à Details.  Note that numbers to left will not be directly reflected.
NVM Firmware Version:  16
PD Firmware Version:  1.07.03
Intel Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7598420.19.15.4444Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (intel icon) à Options & Support à Information Center.
NVIDIA Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics - Nvidia)SP75603354.86Right click on desktop à NVIDIA control panel à System Information at bottom left.
AMD Graphics Driver(Driver - Graphics)SP7581515.201 Rev W7Right click on desktop à Graphics Properties (at top) à Information à Software.
ASMedia eXtensible Host Controller Driver(Driver - Chipset)SP758711.16.33.1Programs & Features or Device Manager à Universal Serial Bus Controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
Broadcom Ethernet Controller Driver(Driver - Network)SP7450317.2.0.2Device Manager à Network adaptors (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
Conexant Audio USB Driver(Driver - Audio)SP748761.31.36.14Device Manager à Sound, video and game controllers (Requires Dock to be plugged in).
I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Actually I should probably tag it to the HP expert.

Was this ever solved as I now have 2 hp Zbook 15 g3's having the same issues on 2 seperate hp thunderbolt 3 docks. 

HP Recommended

I have confirmed this with hp softpak, and the problem seems to still persist on both. Started an hp support case for one and they are suppose to come out and replace the motherboard, but I fear that this won't solve the issue only prolong the troubleshooting. 

HP Recommended

I've been working with HP support directly on it quite a bit over the past few weeks.  Unfortunately, we've not been able ot resolve it on my current configuration.  A few things we have been able to confirm/determine:

• On an i7 Zbook 17 G3, starting with a brand new install of Windows 10 and then setting up from scratch with the TBT3 dock attached, we are able to get the dock to work as expected.  This included only a very basic amount of additional software installed (not my full working configuration of all programs, settings, etc.).
  • On the same i7 machine, but taking my hard drives out of my current machine and setting them up in the empty machine, the dock will not function correctly.
  • On my Xeon Zbook 17 G3, using a new hard drive and a new installation of Windows 10 from scratch with the TBT3 dock attached, the dock will work as expected.  This included only a very basic amount of additional software installed (not my full working configuration of all programs, settings, etc.).

This process eliminates the hardware in the specific laptop from being the issue (they offered to replace my motherboard as well), and instead points at something specific to my current setup, which was set up prior to having the TBT3 dock in hand and has not worked since I did receive it.  It also does not eliminate that possibility that some other piece of software installed on my computer is causing - at least in part - the issues.

Unfortunately, for me to "rebuild" my configuration from scratch (restoring a ghost image won't work) back to where I have it now takes me several days of dedicated time, and I cannot afford to take that time away from my primary duties at this time.  And, as I said above, it also doesn't mean I won't encounter an issue after some of my additional software is installed either.  For those reasons (primarily the first one), I've not yet continued any further down that path.

HP Recommended

This helps. I've been attempting to do with with windows 7 x64 pro and even with a clean install of windows 7 x64 I could not get the dock to function... I may attempt windows 10 and see if it follows.

We are running the HP Zbook 15 g3 i7 with 16gb ddr4 and 512Nvme drives. I've had issues with an MSI and USB 3.1 with a sm951 drive not wanting to install drivers correctly, but this doesn't seem to follow suit also considering it's TB3 not usb3.1

HP Recommended

There is a more up to date firmware for the TB Dock here16.1.7.0.8. (This seems to be the only page to get it as the actual product pages still only have .6

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

USB-C brings a new level of potential issues. Here is some information that may be useful

usb 3.0 - type-A connector -    5Gb/s speed

usb 3.1 - type-C connector -    Gen 1:  5Gb/s speed 

Gen 2: 10Gb/s speed - also called superspeed

- supports Thunderbolt 3 @ 40Gb/s (PCIe + Displayport)

So, (commonly referred to as) usb-c can be usb 3.1 gen 1 or gen 2.

If gen 1, it is just like a usb 3.0 with a new connector.

If gen 2, it is both usb 3.0 (backwards compatible), or 3.1 with Thunderbolt 3 support

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Yup oddly enough know all about this, but I don't think it's relative to this troubleshooting case.

the new macbooks use usb-c gen1 which is just 3.0 with a cool connector and better power. Obviously our Zbooks use gen 2 with tb3.

HP Recommended

may have to attempt this, downloading it now! Thanks!

HP Recommended

Might also be worth adding that I had to MANUALLY run the updater (after unpacking the SP) from an elevated command prompt window in Win10 to get this ".8" firmware to update.  Using the standard method of running the SP by double-clicking and following the prompts doesn't seem to work.

And, of course, the udpated firmware didn't actually do anything for my machine - but at least we're still trying things.  Thanks again Ryan for the help so far.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.