Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3100

Hi,

I'm getting the error 08:11 when i turn on my printer.

I turn it on, it shows the loading bar that never gets past 0%. After a short while it displays the error 08:11 and say's restart.

I have looked all over the forums and tried everything. Checked all the ribbon cables, checked the battery on the formatter. Turned on and off again.

I have also tried to get into the service menu (OK + UP when powering on) but can't seem to get into it to do a factory reset.

Does anyone have any idea's please.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

That is very likely bad HDD on the mainboard.

The HDD has firmware on it, if a disk fails, the printer will not boot just like in your case. Main problem is that you can replace drive with any plain drive, you need to get a drive with the firmware already loaded on it.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Is there anyway i can test the hard drive?

Thanks

HP Recommended

You can remove the drive, connect it to the computer and run some diagnostic tests.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot,

Thank you for your suggestion. I purchased another formatter including HDD and replaced the part. Everything seemed to be working, boots up normal, etc. but then i get a 59.3:09 error now. Sorry to be a pain but do you know what and how to fix this error now please?

Thank you for you support.

HP Recommended

There is no explanation of 59. error in the service manual

https://www.printertec.com.br/arquivos_download/dsjz2100.pdf

Service manual for other models states that 59s are media sensor error, don't know how much can that help you.

If you swap HDD from working formater, to your old fomatter ( with bad HDD) and test how it works.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have tried swapping the HDD and the RAM (or what appears to be RAM) but it comes up with the same error.

I have manged to get an updated manual that says:

A combination of the Product number and/or the firmware release and/or Formatter Hardware are not compatible.

Try the following:
The Formatter or Hard Disk or Firmware is incompatible with this product. Install the correct parts or the correct firmware that corresponds to the product.

Is there anyway of updating the firmware without a PC as i can't connect to it with this error? The only ports are a Ethernet and USB type B, both female.

Thanks

HP Recommended

You probably have used formatter with HDD for Z3100 but different model, very likely set up for the different size of the Z3100 (24" and 36" ) it's gonna be tricky to make them work.

Any chance you can return parts and ask for formatte for your printer and size?

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.