Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
1050C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a refurbished 1050C that I need to get working on my Windows 10 computer and AutoCAD 2015.  I have installed the GL2 driver, but so far every file I send to the plotter, like roaches, They go in but they don't come out.  I have the proper IP address set up and the network connection is good.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Not to muddy up the waters here but I have a 1050C also and have been using the Designjet 5500 driver to print.  It's much more user friendly and has a couple more options than the 1050C driver.  You might try that.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
HP Recommended

Go to devices and printers and right click on the plotter icon and scroll down to the 1st properties and left click. Now in the lower right click on print test page and tell us if it prints a test page. If it does not see if you can ping the ip address as there may be something else wrong.

HP Recommended

@davidzuts wrote:

Go to devices and printers and right click on the plotter icon and scroll down to the 1st properties and left click. Now in the lower right click on print test page and tell us if it prints a test page. If it does not see if you can ping the ip address as there may be something else wrong.

Cannot print a test page.  Port pinged OK.

HP Recommended

What eio network card are you using? Also can you bring up the web page by typing in the ip address into your web browser and does it give you the status of the plotter?  Also from the control panel of the plotters if you go to setup and then utilities can you print a test print from the control panel.

HP Recommended

The network card on the plotter is a HP Jetdirect 600N.  If I type in the IP address I see a blank web page.  No status.  I have tried several times from the control panel to print a test page, but no joy.

HP Recommended

So it would appear you have an issue with the plotter hardware. What message if any is on the control panel. If it says ready and you go to the setup menu and then utilities and try to print a service config what happens? Does it try to print, give a processing message or what?

HP Recommended

I don't know how to print anything from the setup menu.  There is no message on the plotter control panel.  The prints go the the print que and then disappear.

HP Recommended

I really am starting to believe that it is not supported by Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I am trying to help you but you seem to only want to try to print from the computer. We are trying to see if the plotter is actually working and lets forget about the computer right now. At the plotter you have a control panel on the right side. Use the arrow up and down buttons to get to the setup menu and when you do scroll down to the utilities menu and then choose test prints and from there just choose anything and hit the enter button. Now does the plotter print? If no then your issue is a hardware issue with the plotter and has nothing to do with the computer, dirver or whatever and you need to resolve that issue. If the plotter prints then we have to see why you are not communicating with the plotter. Report back the results of the test from the PLOTTER and not the computer.

HP Recommended

I understand you are trying to help.  Please forgive my frustration.  The plotter will print any of the demos or the test plots that are on the plotter control panel menu.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.