cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Tommax78
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Black ink on my print is very light

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2620

When I make a print the black ink is very light. Tryed cleaning  cartridges etc but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

hp deskjet 2620.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Shahzadg
Level 2
32 31 1 0
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace black ink cartridge 

Please click Kudos or tag as solution. 12 years experience in current field.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tommax78
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It’s a new cartridge.

Shahzadg
Level 2
32 31 1 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Replace it with new one. Might be it is expired. Use only genuine ink cartridges for best results.

Please click Kudos or tag as solution. 12 years experience in current field.
TEJ1602
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,899 18,877 1,561 1,572
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Tommax78, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I would suggest you follow the steps from this document HP DeskJet 2600 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality to fix the print quality issue.

Additionally, Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates.

For more information, go to Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

D Hook
Level 7
871 818 36 100
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look at the settings on your computer in the printer preferences tab for that printer.  You might have it set to "Fast" instead of "Normal" or "Best".

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation