Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet 500 ps C7770C
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

How can i upgrade the designjet from firmware A02.05 to the actual A.05.01? I allway get a message that there must be fw A.02.06 or higher installed. Where can i get this fw version?

Thanks for helpfull tips!

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

If you have a computer with Windows XP ( or you can borrow XP laptop or computer) you can download firmware version A 04.02 from this link and then upload to A.04.02 and later update to latest A.05.01

Hope this will help.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

thanks for the note.

only firmware a.05.01 is available under windows 7. under windows xp there is still a.4.02.02.
that doesn't realy  help me.
unfortunately i can't update the frimware from a virtualized windows version (VMware) and don't know anyone who still uses an old, no longer supported windows system.
actually i only wanted to change a print head. unfortunally i need a firmware update now.
does anyone have a workable solution? 

HP Recommended

The easiest way is to use old no longer supported system to update the old printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

i understand what you mean. but the need for an update of the running system arose through the current printheads.

why does hp offer an update tool to A 05.01 for current systems to support old printers solving this problem when they don't work? ;-(

HP Recommended

If a user has been regularly updating printer's firmware through the years ( like most users do) then a user will be able to use available firmware to download without any problems.
Your current printer's firmware A02.05 is like 13-15 years old never updated, don't blame on HP blame on a user.

Hope you will get your problem solved.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

why should an update be carried out on a system that works perfectly? only a few users do this: never change a running system! 😉

according to hp, the update is necessary in order to solve problems with the current printheads. until now, exchanging the printheads was unproblematic.

that there is no possibility for mac users to install the update without detours is one thing. the other thing is that there is no indication that the solution offered by the manufacturer only works under certain conditions. the user cannot give an indication of the requirements to be fulfilled.
however, a corresponding note and link would have helped a mac user to save time for the organization of a computer with an operating system, which can't solve the problem.

however, thank you for your help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

HP Recommended

Hi

I upgraded HP Designjet 500 from A.02.12 to A.04.xx USB connected to XP machine. Tried to download firmware A.05.01 from HP website

nothing is sent to the printer.

any idea how to solve this issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Upgrade is done via USB or LPT port?  Thanks for the information

HP Recommended

Hi

Tried that to upgrade to Version 5 nothing is sent to the printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.