Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T2500 MFP

I was wondering if anyone has a solution for the following error 61.08.2. When the customer is copying or scanning a job the error pops up immediately and the copy and or scan job is not completed. When scanning the document it gets to 1% and the cursor is spinning, you can't cancel it, it is unresponsive. You will have to turn off the machine to clear the message.

I have already performed the latest firmware upgrade to MRY_04_06_00.6

I have performed a file system check, it works for a day and the error returns.

I have ordered a new HDD for this machine. Please let me know any suggestions.

Thanks

Richard

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

We are having the same exact problem with our HP Designjet T2530.  The first time it happened was February 8, 2018, and the second time it happened was today, February 14, 2018.  Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but Windows 10 did updates on the server pc where the plotter is attached prior to the problem occuring in both instances. Tried turning off and unplugging the plotter, tried rebooting the server. Printing works just fine, only copying and scanning are producing the errors.

HP Recommended

Yes I did find the solution on my own, HP has no idea what the fix is. I replaced the HDD and updated to the latest firmware. The hard drive fixed the problem.

HP Recommended

I had that error before, becuase the hdd was full. You need to clean the hard drive with a disk wipe from the service utility

HP Recommended

You mean like with a cloth?  🙂  (Sorry couldn't resist the political joke.  I'm sure it will be deleted shortly.)

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
I did that and got the same result. The HDD disc wasn't moving inside. So when I replaced the HDD it fixed the problem. Then performed a fw upgrade. Customer is back online. When I called HP tech support they had no clue on the resolution.
HP Recommended

lol funny :OpenSmile:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.