Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z5200 Postscript

Hi, we have had a problem recently with our HP Z5200. When we print the first print of the day or after the printer has not been used for a little while, the first inch or two of the image prints darker before it prints normally, and there is a clear colour change between the dark section and the normal print. If we print the same image immediately after it any other image it will print perfect. It only happens after we print when the printer has been left overnight or for a period of time. We leave the printer on so it is conducting the general self maintenance.

We thought that maybe there was a service station issue so we stripped that down, cleaned it and put it back, but it did not resolve it.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening. We are printing on canvas mainly.

Here is a photo of the issue.

6DA4EED5-54B1-4C4C-9F60-EBA4719E671A.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

do a diagnostic print & make sure all colors ok... I suspect the mk   or   gray printheads causing it....

(   myself using Z3200 44" )

2 days ago, I had order for 60 prints on canvas... first print out... all horrible & missing black or gray..
I stopped & did a diagnostic print & gray color was missing.... so I replaced te ge/gray printhead.

all went fine & I finished the order.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have done a diagnostic print and all colours are present and appear correct. I suspected an issue with the LG/PK print head too, so the other day before we printed the first print of the day we did a head clean on that print head prior to printing the first print and then did the print and it was perfect. This makes me suspect something to do with that particular print head although the status shows on it as ok and it is only on 10% life used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.