Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T1120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the love of all that is holy, somebody please help me with this 6' long 3' tall paperweight.

I used this exact machine for 5 years at my previous place of employment.  When I left to start my own company, I bought the designjet from them.  It worked near flawlessly for the 5 years I was there.  Not it refuses to print anything.  I get a 61:01 no matter what I do.

I've made sure language is set to Automatic in the HP Utility (which is a garbage piece of software with maybe 10% functioning buttons and features).  I've did everything I could find on Google, still nothing works.

I've tried to get somebody on the phone but of course, that is also impossible to do with HP.  I've tried to go through the customer support but because it won't recognize IF this machine has a warranty or not, I can't get passed the first screen.

Can somebody.... anybody.... give me anything that works or something else to try?  I'm tired of going to Staples to print after I spent so much money on this thing.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi

I know nothing about printers, so...

First of all was it printing directly from a local PC, or spooling to a print server on a company network?

What File Format is being generated?  Do you have any old files/printouts to compare?

What software/program is generating the file format?

I assume this makes sense to you...

61:01
The file format is wrong and the printer cannot process the job. Check the graphic language setting of your printer (see Change the graphic language setting). If you are sending PostScript from Mac OS over a USB connection, select ASCII encoding in both the driver and the application. Check for the latest firmware and driver releases.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.