Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP z6100
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I bought two designjet z6100 printers.  I sold the first one that I had up and running through the web server.  I had the same problem with the first one, but someone talked me through how to give the printer a new IP address because I couldn't access it through the current one on the printer.

I need someone to talk me through this again.  I do not have the person who helped me's contact info.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Web Server you can change form DHCP to Manual, but cannot reset.

If you want to do a reset you can doing at the printer front panel.

Go to Connectivity > Gigabit Ethernet > Advance > Reset

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the Web Server you can change form DHCP to Manual, but cannot reset.

If you want to do a reset you can doing at the printer front panel.

Go to Connectivity > Gigabit Ethernet > Advance > Reset

Best regards

Mike G

HP Recommended
I can't get onto the web server because the current printer IP address doesn't work. I need to change the printers IP to get onto the web server. This worked with the other printer of the same model, but I can't remember how I got the new IP http address. Thanks for the response. Will this do that for me? Will try messing around once I'm back at the printer.
HP Recommended

This worked, thanks a bunch. 

HP Recommended

Hi .. I have same problem after getting new router.Did you change it on the fron t panel and then again on your laptop/computer that you use to print from.Mine has the old ip address and changed to new one on the conects us to the internet..but it can't find my printer .. thanks kerrie 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello @kerriewal

To reset the IP address you need to do it fron the printer panel.

Now, if your printer is getting a new IP address this means that it is already on DHCP, ut check it any way.

Are your computers connected wireless to the router?

Sometimes a router asign to the units connected wired a different IP address range different from the wireless.

If the printer and the computer are wired to the router check the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway and make sure they are on the same network. If not, do the reset network settings to the printer and the computer, one or the other could have the wrong configuration.

PS. Before doing all I mentioned. What happen if you open an internet browser and type the printer IP address on the address bar?

Best regards

Mike G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.