Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z9+ 44-in PostScript Printer

We just recently upgraded our  windows 10 PCs for very high spec PCs running window 11.

Our main issue with our Z9+ printer is that even after a clean install, no document/paper sizes/options are displayed when ever we go to print, in Basic or Advanced, the drop down where the available document/paper sizes are displayed is empty. This is the same for which ever application we try to print from. There is no option to change paper size in HP click either.  The only time we can access the printing preferences menu that works is via the control panel/settings/ printers and scanners/ printing preferences. 

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, upgrading the firm wear , drivers etc. Nothing is working. As is stands due to my ignorance the z9+ which worked perfectly under windows 10 is useless atm.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Old_Janx_Spirit,

Thank you for your response,  

If you're unable to select a document size when printing on an HP Z9+ printer, here are some things you can try.

• Check your print settings: Make sure that you have selected the correct paper size in the print settings of your document or application. Also, ensure that your printer is set to the correct paper size.
  • Update printer drivers: Make sure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Outdated drivers can cause issues with printing and may prevent you from selecting document sizes.
  • Check paper tray settings: Ensure that the paper tray is correctly configured to accommodate the paper size you want to print on.
  • Restart printer: Try restarting the printer and your computer to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Reset printer settings: If none of the above solutions work, try resetting your printer's settings to its default factory settings. Consult your printer's manual or website for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Old_Janx_Spirit,

Welcome to the HP support community.

Please help us with the laptop serial number or the product number on a private message for further assistance.

Here is the link to find the product number:- Click here

^ Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Good Morning Alden, sadly I'm so shiny and new here I don't even know how to DM you.

HP Recommended

please let me know how to DM

HP Recommended

It appears I cannot reply to you privately, this issue is still unsolved and our Z9+ is just sitting in the corner unused. Please advise.

HP Recommended

Hi @Old_Janx_Spirit,

Thank you for your response,  

If you're unable to select a document size when printing on an HP Z9+ printer, here are some things you can try.

• Check your print settings: Make sure that you have selected the correct paper size in the print settings of your document or application. Also, ensure that your printer is set to the correct paper size.
  • Update printer drivers: Make sure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your computer. Outdated drivers can cause issues with printing and may prevent you from selecting document sizes.
  • Check paper tray settings: Ensure that the paper tray is correctly configured to accommodate the paper size you want to print on.
  • Restart printer: Try restarting the printer and your computer to see if that resolves the issue.
  • Reset printer settings: If none of the above solutions work, try resetting your printer's settings to its default factory settings. Consult your printer's manual or website for instructions on how to do this.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply and your patience.

I have gone through all the above and finally have a working printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.