Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
What’s new in Poly Rove 8.0.9, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi 

I have a fresh from the box poly vvx450 sw version 6.4.5. Our vendor tells us it should use ZTP

The phone boots but does not pull a configuration. 
Server error 803 
When we check the firewall we can see the phone is trying to contact an IP address that is in the PDMS-SP range rather than ZTP 
I have factory  reset the phone but found that neither 456 or our vendors standard password are accepted to enter the admin settings. 

How do i configure this phone or get it to a state where it will configure itself? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Grant2048, Welcome to the Poly HP Support Community. 

It looks like the Poly vvx450 is not provisioned. Please contact the service provider to provision the device, and once the device is provisioned, it will pull up the configuration.

If the issue still persists, I would request that you contact HP Support, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving kudos or thumbs up and marking my post as an accepted solution.

Regards,

Salman

HP Recommended

Hi Salmam

Our vendor are telling us they can't see the phone contacting there ztp server & suggesting it's our firewall. 

We can see from the firewall that the vvx450 tries to contact poly's pdms-sp server but not ztp. 

How do we change that? 

We have an old vvx311 from a different vendor that we can provision with our current vendor without issue after it was factory reset. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Grant2048 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

From our VoIP FAQ:

Oct 10, 2011 Question: How can I reset / Factory default my Phones configuration?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above describes the different Factory reset options. I assume your VVX 450 is the new Hardware generation so the old Factory reset does not work.  The Phone no longer displays the cancel screen so I suggest watching the  Video in the FAQ on how to reset. The same multiple-key combination also works to access the Boot menu and check if ZTP is enabled.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen

I found that FAQ on Friday.
Pressing 1,3 & 5 when the screen flickers as per the video doesn't do anything. I also followed the steps of holding the Home & back buttons while the phone boots. Upon letting go of the keys when the ringer lamp starts flashing the phone reboots, but 456 is still not accepted as the password. Is there a new default password in the new firmware? 

Thanks

Grant

HP Recommended

Hello @Grant2048 ,

If the default password has been changed then the password to recover is the MAC address of the phone as outlined in the video or the FAQ shared.

Please consider this FAQ pot:

Sep 19, 2022 Question: Why does a Phone return/revert to a previous unknown password even after a factory reset?

Resolution: If a phone is provisioned either by a local server/ZTP/LENS and/or a DHCP option the phone will simply load the old configuration.

On phones that have access to the low-level GUI (option 4 >here<) once the password is reset either ZTP can be disabled or the Boot Server can be set to static. For phones that do not have such an option (CCX, Trio, D230, Rove or Edge E) please check with your IT team or whoever set up the phone.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Grant2048 ,

From our VoIP FAQ:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I find out my PVOS, UC Software or Obi Edition Version or the Updater / BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Maybe the VVX in question is running Obi Edition software and therefore never connects to ZTP?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen 

You are corect 
The phone is running obi so the default password is admin 

Now that I'm in to the admin menu the provisioning server address is tftp://$DHCPOPT66$FM.xml;DHCPOPT66 

I've gone back to the vendor to ask how we provision these handsets as they seem to be expecting them to hit their ZTP server. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.