Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

ok so about the SSD, do i have to get at least a 1TB? Because right now I have a 500GB

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

It wouldn't hurt at all to go with a larger 1TB SSD.  These drives have gone down quite a bit in pricing, and you are bound to find a reasonably priced Western Digital (WD), Crucial or Samsung -even Silicon Power (SD) or SanDisk 1TB SSD.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Ok should I use it as a second drive? Because my HDD is also 1TB

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

Your primary (boot) drive really should be a SATA SSD or M.2 NVMe SSD.

This is a no-brainer from my point of view. Solid State Drives are fast. Really fast compared to any HDD. And M.2 NVMe SSDs are incredibly fast. I would very strongly recommend making your primary (boot) drive an SSD, or better yet an M.2 NVMe SSD if your motherboard has an M.2 NVMe slot interface -or if you have a spare PCIe x8 or x4 slot on your motherboard, install an M.2 NVMe SSD in an M.2 NVMe SSD to PCIe adapter card.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@rhumes13,

You can make an SSD and/or HDDs as your secondary and/or tertiary drive.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I may be better off with a sata SSD because my motherboard doesn't have M.2 NVMe.

HP Recommended

@rhumes13.

Yes, you would be.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

So much research has already been done for me. I will obviously fact-check the information, but you have made my life so much easier. Excellent post.

HP Recommended

@chilihiccups,

You are most welcome.  That's what we are here for.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.