Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just received a HP Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop, that I bought from HP. It makes an almost constant whining sound. The whining sound produced by my HP Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop is especially noticeable / irritating when the surroudings are quiet. Even my Dad (aged 78) with poor hearing, can hear this whining sound. My old HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop never made such a sound, and in comparison always seemed almost completely quiet. Furthemore, I don't game.
If I had known that this whining sound would occur, I would not have bought it.
Are your computers not tested for such sounds before they leave the factory?
Please help, with simple instructions, as I have limited knowledge regarding computers?
Perth, Scotland (constituent country), UK.

Update: It seems to have quietened down. Though it was quite loud for about 1.5 days.

Further Update: The whining seems to have returned.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Thomas5624 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Whining sound from the laptop.

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you update the BIOS?

Does the noise appear when booting into windows or while you play any specific game, video, etc?

I have a few recommendations:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

All the hp desktop tp01 have this problem and unusual noise cause of bad internal design of factory. 

This product has a strange and unusual noise when is working!! (Three different technical pc companies tell me that noise is unusual)

If you search on internet many people have this problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/GPU-FAN-is-set-too-high-on-idle...

HP Desktop-TP01-0019ng  <<This product has a strange and unusual noise when is working!! >>

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/GPU-FAN-is-set-too-high-on-idle... 

HP Desktop - TP01-0007ng << My problem is the noise>>

Hp should [edit]this type of desktop!!!!

I have disappointed about HP for this bad design.

I have already sent a form for return this product and get my money back.

I am looking forward to hear an official and honest reply from hp.

HP Recommended

Sorry, this is late.

It is now a lot quieter, but still louder than I would like. However, I can live with it.

Thank you all for your help.

HP Recommended

I tried to reply to each individual helper, however, this is the result:

Sorry, this is late.

It is now much quieter, but still louder than I would like. However, I can live with it.

Thank you all for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.