03-25-2020 03:43 PM - edited 03-27-2020 12:51 AM
If I had known that this whining sound would occur, I would not have bought it.
Are your computers not tested for such sounds before they leave the factory?
Please help, with simple instructions, as I have limited knowledge regarding computers?
03-28-2020 06:02 PM
@Thomas5624 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are getting Whining sound from the laptop.
No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:
Did you update the BIOS?
Does the noise appear when booting into windows or while you play any specific game, video, etc?
I have a few recommendations:
- Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
- Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
- Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
- Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
- Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use
For more details: Click here
And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!