Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whining sound.

Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Just received a HP Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop, that I bought from HP. It makes an almost constant whining sound. The whining sound produced by my HP Pavilion TP01-0026na Desktop is especially noticeable / irritating when the surroudings are quiet. Even my Dad (aged 78) with poor hearing, can hear this whining sound. My old HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop never made such a sound, and in comparison always seemed almost completely quiet. Furthemore, I don't game.
If I had known that this whining sound would occur, I would not have bought it.
Are your computers not tested for such sounds before they leave the factory?
Please help, with simple instructions, as I have limited knowledge regarding computers?
Perth, Scotland (constituent country), UK.

Update: It seems to have quietened down. Though it was quite loud for about 1.5 days.

Further Update: The whining seems to have returned.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,719 2,721 120 210
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whining sound.

@Thomas5624 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting Whining sound from the laptop.

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Did you update the BIOS?

Does the noise appear when booting into windows or while you play any specific game, video, etc?

I have a few recommendations:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation