Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

hi there, i have the hp omen 25l gt12-0045na and i was wondering whar would be the max Graphics card i could install without having to upgrad a lot thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

If you want to replace/add a graphics card, there are a few things you need to check

You have to check the manufacturers data, for the chosen model , Dimensions, power requirements, and additional pci connectors required >see @old_geekster 's kb

Upgrade Video Card - HP Support Community - 7481981

>

this can also help:

Upgrade, for games, what to do, how to get an idea of what t... - HP Support Community - 8529359

for the graphics card, I often recommend the Asus site with filter options

just 500w

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/all-series/filter?Spec=683

See if others offer it, price/performance may vary...

sometimes no choice, you will have to change the power supply as well

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c06638045

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB)

• Form Factor: Full height PCB with ATX dual slot bracket
  • Dimensions: 10.9 cm x 18.8 cm (4.3 x 7.4 in)

Total power consumption: 170 W

Internal PSU 500 W

• Total wattage: 500 W
  • Full range: 115 V/230 V
  • Efficiency: Bronze

remains to be seen if you find a more powerful card, but not very greedy, but you are limited here by the power supply mainly

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi there thanks foe the reply I meant to mention that I have the rtx 2060 8gb and it was just an upgrade to that 

HP Recommended

yes, I saw correctly since copied the characteristics of the model given here

except " that I have the rtx 2060 8gb  "  , hp said 6gb ??

mainly so that you have an idea of ​​the dimensions of the graphics card, power / consumption, not to exceed much
the asus link, apart from the OC model, or perhaps more memory, will not offer better if I have seen correctly

ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2060 EVO OC Edition 12GB GDDR6

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.