Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I agree.  If you wouldn't/couldn't use a wifi adapter on it, no point in pursuing the matter.

You'd have to replace the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, solved the problem, it was my router which was faulty and not assigning ip address to my pc. So, i manually entered an ip address on my pc and now getting network 🙂

HP Recommended

That's great news.

Glad you were able to resurrect the PC from the trash heap.

HP Recommended

I know, I was so relieved to solve my network problem, I suspected something was wrong when another pc I installed  windows on had same network issues

anyway all well that ends well 🙂

thanks

HP Recommended

Indeed!

Have a Happy New Year!

HP Recommended

Yeah, happy new year to you too 😊

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, installed windows 10 on this pc dc7800p and now all good, getting network and everything good

HP Recommended

That is great news.

I can't find it in my heart to get rid of my trusty old dc7800 CMT.

It still runs great.

HP Recommended

Yeah, true, still runs well with ssd and 8GB RAM

HP Recommended

Yes, mine has a 240 GB SSD, 8 GB of memory and an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.