Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6530HP All-in-One - 20-c322ds
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to replace the hard drive in this computer and it didn't have recovery media. Can someone help me get it?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @mgwriter27 .

You can follow the instructions in the following link, just keep in mind that it is in Spanish, so you will have to use an online translator:

How to get the recovery media?

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

It doesn't let me translate or view. It goes to the page for a few seconds before redirecting to a page wanting model number I guess but can't be sure since it is in spanish........lol

HP Recommended

@mgwriter27 .

I have no problem viewing the content of the article, so try another browser.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

hi

@mgwriter27 

: Example: Pavilion 6530HP All-in-One - 20-c322ds

finally, what model do you have?
if original with windows 10 just try:

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

if not compatible, or it does not work
you can, if still windows 10, use microsoft media

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10

Spoiler
off topic
Fortunately, I am not asking for copyright.
Glad to see that my animated gif system, you still like it so much @GOLD_MASTER 
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.