Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@Sanchai - not sure why would you be concern with the update on Store? HPSA determines the new version for you automatically when it's needed. Therefore, please do not be concerned with Windows store. As long as you have v9.6.839.0 you do not need to worry.

@Rbergen - You should have my PM.

So far what I've noticed that those of you who are still experiencing this issue are on IT managed image for your work who controll/throttle your Windows updates, hence not bringing down the pre-requisite driver to HPSA. So in this case I will need to help you on individual base. 

HP Recommended

Xavier

It is quite annoying when i use MS Store and click Apps and Updates. Every time, HPSA will show up, download momentarily, then show that its get updated to version 9.6.839.0 which is updated on November 7, 2020

HPSA should not show up as habing update available in MS Store, and update itself every time in loop if i have already had the latest version installed on my system.

This problem is just started a few days ago.

So I think you have to give attention to this abnormal behavior, and fix it so that MS Store will no longer show HPSA as havin update, which is a false alert

Thank for the fix

Sanchai

HP Recommended

@Sanchai there is a new version on the store but it’s at 50% throttle right now, which means it’s not ready for your device yet, it rolls out in phases as standard practice, once it’s on 100% rollout then all devices will qualify, please don’t let this paranoid you, it’s not a bug nor indication of a problem. Your HPSA is working normal and that’s all it matters. If there is a break in the application itself, then I can further assist you.

HP Recommended

Thank Xavier for information on the phase roll out of new version of HPSA on MS Store. I will wait until it is ready for my device and will report back

HP Recommended

The key to fixing my problem with HPSA was to download and install the "HP Application Enabling Software Driver" from the HP support site after uninstalling HPSA and before re-installing it.

When I say "from the HP support site", Xavier-M used my computer's info (). You can get to the download page multiple ways, but here is one that should work every time:

Go to hp.com. Click on Support, then Software and drivers.

If you have an account, you can sign in. My laptop was already listed as one of the HP products that I own, so I clicked on that.

If you do not have an account, or if your computer is not listed on your account, then instead of logging in on the support site, choose the option to identify your product (Laptop or Desktop) by choosing the appropriate icon and then entering your serial number.

Once your product is identified, you should see a list of Software and drivers that can be downloaded.

Expand the "Driver" list and you should see "HP Application Enabling Software Driver". Download and install it.

Then re-install HPSA, and it should work.

That is the process Xavier used to fix my machine.

Bart Bishop
HP Recommended

TL;DR: HPSA works on my machine once again.

First off, @Xavier-M is right that I did have his PM and I did PM him. After I sent him a message on November 16 explaining that his availability translated to 2 AM for me due to the time difference, I did not receive another reply from him. I assumed this was because the time difference was impossible to work around, which I would like to clearly state I completely understood. 

Then, I would like to offer many thanks to @Bart_texas for the pointer to the 'HP Application Enabling Software Driver', which put me on the right track.

When I downloaded and attempted to install that driver, what happened was the following:

• The driver failed to install, with error 'This SoftPAQ does not support this system (9996).'
  • Inspection of the HPApplicationEnablingServices_Softpaq.log file in C:\System.sav\logs and the install.cmd file in C:\Swsetup\SP101316 taught me that the install script searches for one of two ACPI devices, being HPIC0003 or HPIC000C. It does this by looking for them under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\ACPI in the Windows Registry.
  • Checking the Registry on my laptop showed that neither of these devices showed up there. I then found that the HP Application Enabler Services software component also didn't show in Device Manager. This made me suspect that something was turned off in my BIOS.
  • After restarting into UEFI BIOS via Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup, it turned out that the HP Application Driver was indeed disabled under Advanced -> System Options. I genuinely have no idea how this happened, but I re-enabled it, saved settings and restarted.
  • After restarting, I asked Windows Update to search for updates. It found and installed two HP software components. After this, the HP Application Enabling Services software component was visible in Device Manager.
  • I then retried installing HPSA, which led to the -2 installation error discussed in this forum topic. I resolved that using this post from Humberto_Macedo, after which HPSA did install successfully.
  • From that point on, HPSA runs normally.

Again, many thanks to everyone who reached out to help with getting this resolved.

HP Recommended

Hello Xavier, 

Just to let you know, I am now NOT able to send you a PM message.  Hence, I am messaging you here. Please assist to send you a PM.

HP Recommended

Today HPSA got updated from Microsoft Store to the newest version o.6.900.0. And it work as expected

thank for support

HP Recommended

@Sanchai -- I was automatically updated from Microsoft Store last night to version 9.6.870.0.  You've got version

9.6.900.0?  Oh well.  No problem, mine's working just fine.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the typo error. Got same version as you do

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.