Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6130y
Microsoft Windows Vista

what possible graphics cards could you use with this pc? because i am looking for an upgrade that willl work with the 300 watt power supply

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DeAdEnDsHaDoW,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the Graphics Card issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are looking to upgrade the desktop, and wanted to know what would work.

Here are the Product Specifications of the GeForce 210:

Bus Support: PCI Express 2.0

Minimum System Power Requirement: 300 W

Here are the Product Specifications of the HP Pavilion p6130y:

Expansion Slots: 1 PCI Express x16

Power Supply: 300 W

Based on the information above, the desktop should have sufficient power to use the card.  However, you may experience a lack in performance, because of the PCI slots.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @DeAdEnDsHaDoW,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I read your post about the Graphics Card issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are looking to upgrade the desktop, and wanted to know what would work.

Here are the Product Specifications of the GeForce 210:

Bus Support: PCI Express 2.0

Minimum System Power Requirement: 300 W

Here are the Product Specifications of the HP Pavilion p6130y:

Expansion Slots: 1 PCI Express x16

Power Supply: 300 W

Based on the information above, the desktop should have sufficient power to use the card.  However, you may experience a lack in performance, because of the PCI slots.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

So this card would fit and work inside the hp Pavilion p6130y for sure? 

HP Recommended

Hello @DeAdEnDsHaDoW,

As stated in my previous post, the card should fit and run, based on the specifications of the card and desktop.  I have not tested them personally to know for sure.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

thank you very much, sorry for the restatements of my question, i just wanted to be sure that it would work, as i was going to order it. Thank you for all your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.