Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDisplay s230tm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The touch screen is non-responsive on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version 1607 also known as Windows 10 Anniversary edition. the monitors worked fine with Version 1511. This is in an Enterprise IT environment. 5 different desktop systems using this same model of monitor exhibit the same issue. Desktop systems with Acer Touch Screen monitors work perfectly. 

So far I have downloaded the driver update sp73334. I have also tried using the display assistant sp74896.exe. I have logged a call with the display assistant software vendor, and they indicate that they only help with the display, not the touch screen. The display works fine at the correct resolution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. On four computers (HP 8200 Elite USDT) with Windows 10.0.14393 (aka Anniversary Edition) and HP EliteDisplay S230tm. 

I reported to HP Support Case Manager and looks like HP is sending replacement display. I guess they don't know about the problem being a software or driver issue. 

HID driver used for S230tm are built-in Windows driver from 2006. Maybe this can be solved with a different driver? Installing sp73334 made no difference, still Ms driver is used. 

HP Recommended
I started a support ticket on this and got the following answer from HP; "this monitor is not compatible with Windows 10" Aouch, kick me while I'm down why don't you. Then why does HP still sell these? Does anyone run Win8 these days... I guess they be getting a lot of support calls on this monitor. Specially since it nowhere states that it is not for Windows 10. Anyway, if anyone has got a solution I'd greatly appreciate if you share. Like if you found a driver that works or a third-party software.
HP Recommended

You ar enot alone:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Issues-with-S230tm/td-p/5730837

What they should put on the site is . . .

No LONGER compatible with Windows 10.

🙂

Hopefully others will research, find these threads, and not purchase the product.

HP Recommended
Yeah, I posted in that thread too... plus in three more. Hoping I can get HP's attention. What would be great is if a site selling the monitor would specify that it is compatible with Windows 10. That would be good ammo... Next thing to hope for is that Ms rolls back what ever they put in the Anniversary Ed that broke the touch.
HP Recommended

Same here. Microsoft changed the way win handles tap event, so I guess that drivers need to be updated. I dont know why support answer is not something like that instead totally careless... monitor does not support win 10 ?!!

HP Recommended

We have the same issue. We just bought 7 of these things and they are completely useless. HP are refusing to help blaming Microsoft, Microsoft is blaming HP and our supplier is blaming HP and wont replace them. What a joke HP. Good thing we are dropping HP from our business and moving to Dell.

HP Recommended

HP gave an answer as to why the problem occures. Also they presented a step-by-step possible solution. Or more like a "clean and re-install"-guide. 

It is over at Spiceworks. https://community.spiceworks.com/posts/6342989

I have not tested it myself, don't have access to the monitors yet. 

HP Recommended

Here to hope . . .  But . . .

It does not work.

The problem is in the monitor firmware somewhere.  6 other monitors I have tried still all function correctly after the update.

HP Recommended

I've only done it on one yet but so far it's the same here, it does not solve the problem. 

Let's hope HP releases a new firmware... quickly! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.