Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP gave me a firmware update for the hdmi in and now my display no longer works and they refuse to help me unless I give them 300
HP Recommended
They claim hp expert day was free and they don't stand by their staff suggestions. No one forced me to do the update.
HP Recommended
Spoiler

ok, so i was able to install my display. Then went to update and installed the latest drivers. I have video now, but no audio. Not sure how to fix it. 

Worst company ever... HP

HP Recommended
JohnDoe can you help me figure out how to imstall the latest display app or drive all i want is video !
HP Recommended

Hey man, 

Do the following:

1) Go to "This PC" ---> C: drive ---> SWSETUP folder ---> APP --> Applications --> PortraitDisplays --> HPMYDIsplayOSD--> 2.05.003 ---> SRC and then finally setup. Install the setup and make sure you select options for it to run on start up

2) In HP My Display, go to options and select "Check update". It would take you to www.portrait.com 

3) From here it will provide you links to update your drivers for Windows 10. There are two things you need to do here:

i) Update your card drivers. I have Envy 23 and Nvidia drivers, so I went to Nvidia webstie and downloaded the latest

ii) Download the latest HP My display

4) unintall the HP My display from add/remove (control panel) that you previously installed

5) Install the new HP My display... 

All set!

HP Recommended
Thank you so much. And also does it take you back to Windows 8 or do you lose all your saved data or no. Sorry not that smart on computers 😬
HP Recommended

Did that also fix the hdmi audio or just the input selector?

HP Recommended

No, It will keep you on Windows 10. You're basically fixing drivers in Windows 10. No data loss

HP Recommended
It didnt work for me 😔
HP Recommended

I got the thing to work from just messing around a month ago, i had to restart windows again recently and the problem occured again.

Thanks to you fixing it was direct and easy, however not exaclty the same as i had to install the latest version of HP My Display rather than an older version, at first i made the mistake of downloading the regular version which will not work, you have to find the touchsmart version from portrait.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.