Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen X Emperium 65 (4WY70AA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Let me start by saying that words cannot describe how bad is the remote that comes with this monitor (let's face it it's a TV). No dedicated Power or Input buttons, Volume controls are a touch sensitive slider (if you touch it in a wrong way it can bump your volume to 100% at 3 a.m.) and there are just like 3 buttons in total... I would not wish it on my enemy.

I was fully aware of these shortcomings prior to buying this "monitor" after reading/watching the reviews. I've also read through the original manual for the monitor: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06204211 and on page 14 it reads this:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZPRgz1m.png[/img]

"Oh, great!" - I thought to myself. "I have one of those Harmony Remotes lying around.." So I decided to buy the monitor...

After doing all of the necessary preparations for the remote like finding the appropriate devices in the Logitech's database and syncing the remote I was surprised to see that the that the monitor would just not respond to any of the commands coming from the Harmony remote. By the way the commands such as discrete Power Toggle, Input Menu, Audio Mute and direct Input selection that the manual brags about weren't even there...

After hitting up Logitech's support I got this reply:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/xAEPF4p.png[/img]

Clearly there has been some sort mix-up on HP's part and they've sent the wrong codes to Logitech.

Now how hard would it be to get HP dig up the right codes? Impossible apparently! The response I got from HP's support is that my Harmony remote is too old and is not compatible with this monitor... It took them 4 (!) months to come up with this response by the way... Apparently Logitech's statement that the codes are wrong means nothing to them and also the fact that I was able to teach my Harmony remote using the original garbage remote (an it actually works!) also... Right now they want me to go and buy a brand new Harmony remote for another $350 just to prove them wrong... WHAT THE HELL, HP??? This is how you treat your customers that are willing to spend $5000 on your product? This ain't no cheap printer that you just throw away and go buy Canon instead...

I still use my Harmony remote with this monitor and I wouldn't touch the original remote with a ten-foot pole. I want those dedicated Power toggles and input controls that were promised in the manual. I call this false advertisement!

Apologies for my tone but I am a little outraged to say the least...

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Here is a fresh reply from Logitech regarding the absurdity of HP support's statements to which HP still replies that my remote is 10 years old and it should MAYBE work with newer models...

https://imgur.com/YAVVTuo

Does anyone from HP read these forums? I find this whole situation completely unacceptable. Something that can be fixed with two phone calls is being dragged over 4 months and I am being fed with complete lies.

HP Recommended

@Pablo-Diablo I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! PM sent.

HP Recommended

Same issue here but with a Harmony Elite and a Harmony Hub.  I opened a ticket with HP support and received no help.

HP Recommended

@zews

Welcome to HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't reply to the PM for whatever reason.  Here's the case number 5041906066.

I'm not expecting any solution I've already tried HP support twice with no results.  I just want people to know that a documented feature on a $5,000 monitor doesn't work.

HP Recommended

@Zews all I got in my PM is that they don't have any codes and wanted to know my phone number so that they can call me back and tell it to me again over the phone (errr... why?).

BTW if you add the HP Omen X 65 to your Harmony remote again from the Logitech's database it will now have the basic functionality of the original remote. Logitech claims that they got the new codes from HP but it's total BS because it is clearly just a carbon copy of the stuff that I was able to read from the original remote myself. I can tell it because it is completely identical to my original attempt to read the codes e.g. VolumeDown button sucks, InputMenu sends a longer command than needed and so on... You should be aware how gimmicky it is to try to teach the Harmony from the original remote if you ever tried doing it yourself. Like how would you emulate a single button press for Volume Up/Down using the touch sensitive slider on the original remote? On my first tries I had the Harmony remote changing the volume by 2 or 3 digits on a single click which was totally unacceptable so I kept trying until I got it to 1. Volume Up worked fine but Down was kind of sluggish and unresponsive. Just saying that the codes would have been much cleaner if they did get them from HP. They both lie apparently...

I still wounder why is it that hard for HP to just pick up the phone and call Nvidia or whoever supplied that module and request the correct codes... If you try adding Nvidia Shield to your Harmony you will see that that thing has a ton of different commands including numerical keys but unfortunately none of them work with this monitor and with the built in Nvidia Shield. @HP+Nvidia, do you expect me to browse through hundreds of channels using just directional keys?? LOL... Why would they even put that **bleep** Shield with its stupid remote in this monitor when it was clearly meant to be used with a monster PC attached to it? A totally useless feature that adds $500 to the total cost. I digress.

The fact remains - [Text Deleted] and would rather spend energy arguing with me than fixing their mistakes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.