Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My touch screen has stopped working.

I go into the Device Manager and it shows the HID device as having a conflict.

SG.jpg

I looked at the "Tech Self Help Page and done the following:

I have checked for updates to driver - Current Driver installed

I have disabled and re-enabled - Device works for a few minutes and then stops.

I have "Un-installed" and rebooted - Device re-installs, but does not work.

Any suggestions?    

Having a 2-in-1 that won't work as a touch screen tablet defeats the purpose of having a 2-in-1 device.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @gsage1967

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the touchscreen is not working correctly.

I’d love to help!

Use the guided troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2khBrhG

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below article.

http://hp.care/2blPMa0

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the information I've provided was helpful, please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi There. I've made a few attempts at solving this but have yet found an answer. I have followed the guide mentioned and can confirm that when I search for the "view pen and touch info" I get the information "No pen or touch input is available for this display". Well, it certainly used to have. The model is a HP pavilion x360!!!! Interstingly enough usin the HP support assistant software I am unable to update the intel virtual buttons driver it tells me I need to update. It doesn't give me an error code it just says the installation failed. Is that something to do with it? There seem to be lots of posts for this problem with this model over the last 4 years or so. Has anyone found a solution at all?

HP Recommended

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25602/Intel-Serial-IO-Driver-for-Windows-8-1- 

Try this website. I downgraded mine to windows 8.1 and the touchscreen didnt work. i installed this driver and it worked again. 

HP Recommended

Hey gsage;

not sure if this would help but it did help me. 
In Device manager, go under "Other Devices", I had a bunch of items with yellow exclamations on them.

(Sorry I should have taken a screenshot, but had no idea it'd fix it.)

anyways, i just clicked on "Update Driver" and then when a selected "Automaticall seach online", and then my laptop just did the rest. NOTE that you have to do this for every item (with an exclamation mark) ONE by ONE! I had to do it for about 15 - 20 items. 

Let me know if you have any questions. After doing all this even that "12C HID Device" exclamation mark went away too. 
I'm hoping this will work for you too. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.