Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2511x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After watching any video, even when I watch on my second monitor, the HP 2511x display will go blank for one second and then come back on. I have updated every single driver I can find. It happens with Netflix and Amazon Prime in Chrome browser. Can I find out what settings are off? Is it Chrome or the websites?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings! 

  

This message is from the HP Support team, 

  

Just needed to know if all your queries were resolved? 

  

If not, I could help you get there. 

  

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, go to the public post & give us a virtual high-five by clicking the "Thumbs Up" icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on my public post. 

  

Have a great day ahead! 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

@jbarradale Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Check if monitor works fine on an alternate computer, and also, check the BIOS screen to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the alternate monitor or the BIOS (Accessed while tapping F10 during a restart for HP computers) it's a software issue & I suggest creating a new user account to check if that works better, for starters or contact the manufacturer or the desktop for support,
    • However, if it doesn't work within the BIOS or if you've got an option to check with another monitor and that doesn't work either, I'm afraid it's a hardware malfunction.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1) I do not have an alternate computer.

2) Working in BIOS? Of course it works in BIOS, works in 3D Editors, works in Word Processors, works in Internet Browsers, Works in ALL of my software. The absolutely only time it blinks off for 1 second, then comes back on is when I exit a video such as Netflix or Amazon Prime. It works fine while watching as many videos as I want to. It works fine during my streaming video games on Twitch. I noticed that when it blanks out and I happen to have OBS running, the capture screen in OBS does NOT show the blank screen. IE: The video card is putting out the signal just fine, it is the monitor itself that turns off just once for 1 second, then works fine everywhere. This ONLY happens when leaving a video, so it is NOT a connector or plug. If I watch a video on the second monitor (#2, Acer), and leave the Netflix video, the HP monitor (#1) STILL goes blank for 1 second.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@jbarradale If it blinks or in other words blacks out in windows and not BIOS, this is most likely a software issue, and I suggest you visit the HP website to download the latest driver for your monitor: click here to find and install the same.

Also, if that's been done yet the issue persists, perhaps, you could make use of the OSD menu and perform a factory reset on the monitor, when done, restart the same and check if it works.

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions. I have attempted to update drivers. The drivers currently used ended in .1, but the HP drivers end in .0 so I tried both. The monitor now also blinks with yet another web site, Hulu. I used the monitor menu to reset to the factory settings, still also not helping.

I am very confused. It is okay with Microsoft's video software. Many graphics programs work fine. I even use many video editors and the monitor works fine, even when viewing different video formats.

HP Recommended

test them 1 by 1, each monitor

if one fails bingo

if not ask nvidia for help.

I think HDCP is it,  not handled correctly

you need to know that HDCP is dynamic , as it host can ban devices at any time even OK yesterday.

and if the Nvidia card fools the host (NF) due to DVI monitor not correctly identified, bingo bad driver.

HDCP does no like any device that can copy content , even if they are wrong .

the books on this topic say to cycle power on any monitor that acts up in the HDCP context,  did you, PC left on and at NF.

HDCP is never fun, if blocked end to end. all has to work.

NO warranty answers by me.
I stumbled upon this early in the morning, and have confirmed it's so far worked on every single movie I've thrown at it.
HP Recommended

what movies fail and which ones to not

netflix uses HDCP

it must be happy

and the GTX card must like those 2 unmatched, monitors. , I repaired monitors back to year 1975, CRT and I2C methods.

try 1 monitor at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEuicW7UpiM

I stumbled upon this early in the morning, and have confirmed it's so far worked on every single movie I've thrown at it.
HP Recommended

first is dual monitors, rules  and limits, can be very very tricky this....

drivers for GTX im sure are fresh from Nvidia, sure.

PC is good.

GTX good.

w10 good

try FIRFOX v79 up? costs zero and 5min work only, cheap fast test. 

buy a  65inch TV and rock? 

or try a Roku? ethernet to HDMI (USA not in Australia are you in USA?) or geo blocking sure.

DVI many not be up to this task.

HP Recommended

My first computer program that I wrote was on a Digital PDP-11 in 1969. So, you may be older than dirt, but I am not impressed by that. My parents are 95 and 99 and still going strong.

As for your reply. No I cannot find another PC, give me a break. 1) We are in the midst of a Pandemic. 2) I will not drive around town looking for someone with a spare PC. 3) The issue is NOT with the PC, nor with the connectors. I have a dual monitor setup, yes. The Acer does not blink out. If I watch a video on the second monitor, the first monitor, HP 2511x still goes black for one second, then comes back on.

This occurs on Netflix, and Amazon video web sites. It does NOT happen when I watch a video with Microsoft video software. It does happen with other browsers.

As for age of monitor. The Acer monitor is much older, 2007 or so. My SONY Trinitron from 1990s still works and my C64 Monitor from 1985 still works also. I have several things from 1980s through 2010 that still work fine.

I replaced my old video card with 1660ti and it is very limited with connectors. My old card had two connectors of the same type for dual display. This one has three different connectors. The Acer only has the one, so I am very limited in what I can use.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

More detail.

Windows 10 64 bit.

Computer equipment:

EVGA Z390 FTW Motherboard
Intel i7 - 9700K CPU @ 3.60 Ghz
32 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Display 1 HP 2511x 25 inch @ 1920 x 1080 - Connector used = HDMI
Display 2 ACER X223W 22 inch - Connector used = DVI

Both HP monitor and graphics card are HDCP compatible.

Cannot exchange cables. Acer = 2 connectors are VGA (unusable) and DVI; HP = 3 connectors are VGA (unusable), DVI (used by Acer), and HDMI.

I will try one more thing, to disable dual monitor, connect HP with DVI cable and see if it still goes blank.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.