Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion power 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello i've recently bought this laptop and i'm seeing a white spots on the lower edges and it's kinda annoying since this has to be a high end laptop .

is it defective ? or is it just a software issue 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @silva97,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that there are white spots on the edge of the screen.

No worries, I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Restart the computer and keep tapping F10 to access BIOS page

Check if you see the same white spots on the BIOS page.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

hello i've accessed  the bios and it seems that it doesnt appear it only appears when im booting up when reaching the hp logog with black background , mainlt it only shows up when there is a black background it shows as a querter of a circle from the two lower edges of the screen ...

so what now?

HP Recommended

@silva97

Thanks for the reply,

I suggest updating the BIOS and the graphics using the below link.

HP Pavilion Power 15-cb000 Laptop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Support

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

both of bios and drivers are up-to-date  and the  bios version is  f.13 

HP Recommended

@silva97

Thanks for the reply,

Use the below link and run a display test, under the component test.

http://hp.care/2oFvgJj

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful.

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

i did perform that test a couple of days ago and reperformed it now , after not using the laptop for the past day and half i noticed the size of the spot  from the right corner was reduced  and a huge differance is noticed .

should i heavily use it for the next day to see if there is a difference ?

ps: thank you for helping me hopefully you will find a solution to this 

HP Recommended

Hi! @silva97, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned you still have display issues with your PC after trying out the steps.

Also, as you mentioned you don't see the white spot in BIOS.

I think you are talking about the display backlight, it would appear only if there is a black background.

So you don't have to worry as it happens by product design.

If the issue still persists in windows or in BIOS, uninstall and reinstall the display drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot display issues with your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!

Take care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a photo of the spot it's really annoying and noticable ... I think it's a defective screen because it's was there from the day i got the laptop ... I bought it from uae from sharaf dg with and still under warranty although i live in jordan can i fix it from the hp official distributor in amman ? Will it cost me anything? 

EBFA57FD-5099-4785-9B37-F0A2D3BFBE78.jpeg2DDE38CF-6712-4762-ABA4-389608D56DCE.jpeg

HP Recommended

@silva97

I recommend you contact HP phone support and they will assist you in getting the computer repaired.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to autodetects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.