Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HPuser.. thank you!

HP Recommended

Olá! 

Sou usuário do HP ProBook 645 g1, e  Inadvertidamente marcado a opção de criptografar HD, para minha tristeza. Resultado, o computador encontra-se desde domingo passado em WinMagic tela de boot, mostrando apenas uma frase: Espere por favor, isso pode levar alguns segundos ... eu vou ter que esperar dois dias, como companheiro fórum falou? Existe alguma maneira de cancelar essa criptografia? Olha, eu não tenho nenhuma necessidade de esconder alguma coisa em meu computador, eu não trabalho na NASA! = D

cumprimentos

Washington Souza

HP Recommended

Just wanted to say thank you. This worked for me.

HP Recommended

I have had an issue where a client gave me his laptop to image of which he had setup himself prior to me touching it. I didn't think to boot it up before imaging.  Found the HDD main partition came up as RAW and the other HP restore partitions came up as normal. Windows asked me to do a format of whcih I canclled immeditately, ejected the USB drive nicely and tried to boot up the drive. Long story short the MBR corrupted. Prompting me on a voyage of discovery on why peoeple that think they know IT shouldn't be doing it. I have tried the steps outline here and yes you are correct. It doesn't work. The drive is still encrypted and to make matters worse, the Winmagic boot encoder is no longer showing up. I need the files off the drive. That is all I want now, I don't need it to start up. Ideas anyone?

HP Recommended

I was not able to find any solution, back in time.
So I do not thing so, that is a way to do that.

Try ask HP support (good luck with that). 

And start over with Bitlocker...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have just went through this same issue. after multiple support calls and hour on phone they finally sent me a winmagic bootable USB download. So if you are going through this and call into support. Ask them for the winmagic bootable USB. I will ask the support tech I am dealing with if i can redistribute. If i can i will post is up so others can download it. Right in the download has a BCD error.pdf with fix instructions for this specific issue.

Thanks,
Chris

HP Recommended

how did you diasble it ?

HP Recommended

Can u please mail me that?

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

THIS.

I'm so glad you shared this random hack, it worked PERFECTLY.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Here is the solution that worked for me...

The problem... BCD error on a ZBook 17 G2 with HP Drive Encryption (WinMagic).

First I called HP support and was told the only solution they can provide is to wipe and reload the drive.  So I did a lot more digging  for the solution that they could not provide and found it here, in an HP Advisory - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04677911&sp4ts.oid=5405376

I took the route of removing the drive, connecting it to another system via a SATA to USB adapter, renaming the BCD file to BCD.BAD, making a copy of the backup BCD file and naming it BCD (all in one of the unencrypted partitions).  Put the drive back in the system and it worked fine!  Then disabled HP Drive Encryption, of course.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.