Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Figured I'd jump in here about Reverb support to clear somethings up. (And I really should have done this sooner...)

First up: Warranty.

The Reverb has a "worldwide warranty". What this means is that the warranty will follow the unit so long as you are in a country where the product is sold.

• Bought a unit in the US and moved to the UK? No worries.

• Bought a unit in the US and moved to Nepal? That's gonna be a problem.

To get support on units that fall under the second scenario, you'll need to have the unit sent to someone in the country of purchase (Or other country that offers Reverb) and have that person make the support call.

Second: What does my warranty give me?

I'll point out the biggest differences:

• If you have a Consumer Version, the support team will want you to send your unit back and it will be repair/replaced and shipped back.

• If you have a Pro Version, you will get a new headset shipped to you and the old one will be sent back when the new one arrives to you.

Third: How do I know if I have the Consumer or the Pro version?

• Consumer: Purchased from Amazon or a local retailer.
  • Pro: Purchased form HP.com

Forth: How to I get to the correct support team?

This is the fun part...

Call the local support number for your region to start.

As many know, our phone system has a Voice Recognition tool so you can say "Workstations" and it will get you to your local workstations team. Guess what it doesn't recognize?

You guessed it: VR, Virtual Reality, or Reverb. (We've getting this fixed.)

So who supports your product?

• Consumer Version is supported by the Omen Gaming Group.

• If you have the Omen VR backpack, this will be the team for you.

• Pro Version is supported by the Workstation group (Which is what I am apart of.)

• If you have the Gen 1 or Gen 2 VR backpack, this is who you want.

When you call in, you should be able to say "Gaming" or "Workstation" and get to the right team. If either of these teams give push back, please feel free to drop me a line.

Thanks for listening!

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Thanks for this, I have the Consumer version and keep getting screen flicker. For the life of me, I cannot get to a point where I can find the local support phone number cause the web site doesn't recognize my Serial Number.

Highly frustrating to say the least, would you be able to send me the phone number or have someone from the appropriate support team get in touch with me via PM?

HP Recommended

If I have the same product but it's not buy in hp store it's a customer type? I buy this like a pro headset not a customer set in Amazon. What's the difference? Thanks

HP Recommended

@Fisu wrote:

If I have the same product but it's not buy in hp store it's a customer type? I buy this like a pro headset not a customer set in Amazon. What's the difference? Thanks

The easiest way to tell the difference is the face mask.

If it's a cloth material, its the Consumer verison.

If it's a 'fake leather' material, it's the Pro.

The biggest difference is that the Pro comes with a short cable for a VR backpack solution, and it's warranty allows for a replacement  unit to be sent out  before the failing one is sent back.

I am an HP Employee
Quality Manager - HP VR / Z Desktops
-----
iMaxx” FORMER VOODOO PC / HP LEGACY GAMING SERVICE MANAGER
While I am an HP employee, my comments and suggestions are my own and do not represent HP Inc.
HP Recommended

Hi,

interesting, so they sold me the headset as PRO, but it is the consumer version. Thanks for the information.

Unfortunatly you cannot get support in this forum, it seems. 😉

HP Recommended

It seems a lot of us were sold the Reverb as a PRO version when in reality it is the consumer version.  Not to mention in some cases you are still getting old stock so will end up having to send it to HP when it goes bad.  Heck, just got mine and when I registered it it said I only had 9 months left of the warranty. 

Twice retired, 1st from the Army after 21yrs, then as the VP of Technology of an international company. Pilot, sailor, photographer and IT junky.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the info @Imaxx

HP Recommended

1 thing more. I supposed i can buy Pro versión in Amazon, so, i buy it and comes the "PRO", not customer versión like you can read in the first post.

"...

Third: How do I know if I have the Consumer or the Pro version?

• Consumer: Purchased from Amazon or a local retailer.
  • Pro: Purchased form HP.com

"

This is what caused me the confusion.

HP Recommended

what is the support number for the US please? 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

@Zando Is there anyway I can help resolve the issue? could you explain what you need? and provide the model name of your device?

That said, if contacting HP support is the only thing you need, I suggest you follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.