Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
CUSTOM PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've recently got an HP Reverb, using for racing sim primarily. The problem I have is during a session, from day 1, the screen inside the headset goes black for a few seconds and sometimes for good. I can see on the monitor it is still tracking, but the HMD is still black. I have updated Bios, uninstalled/reinstalled WMR and Steam VR, updated GPU driver (then cleaned and updated with older driver version), disabled all USB select suspend and power savings settings. I've tried all 3 display 1.4 ports in the GPU and all 5 powered USB 3.2 ports on the motherboard. At this point, I only can think of trying the headset on another PC or exchanging. 

My configs settings:

I7-10700k

RTX 2080 Super

16 gb 3600 mhz Ram

Asus Z490 F motherboard. 

850W PSU

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tpluff,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing display issues with the VR headset.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06318083

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the response. As my first post demonstrates, the system I am running far and away exceeds all minimum requirements. Its not that the headset never works, its that it randomly goes out while using it. Neither CPU nor GPU are experiencing throttling due to heat either. 

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

@tpluff seems like a malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.