Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming laptop 15-ec1050ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this gaming laptop on 21 august 2020. It has been only 3 days. This laptops over heats too much just in 15mins of gaming. Even keypad also breathes fire. Please help me regarding this. I m thinking of wasted my hard earned money on this. should i get refund or its 1 product issue only or should I replace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Wajid12

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Does it shut down or hibernate in 10-15 mins ?

More importantly have you updated the bios to F.08 ?

Check and let me know.

HP Recommended

it does not shutdown, after that i complained and went to customer support and they had laptop for 12 days and then they said its ok. and 90 degree celcius temperature is ok according to company design. But for me as customer thats not om for me because i m not able to touch keypad and its very hot and irritating. it also means hp has made bad laptop model. so i want a refund now.. today customer service gave me that **bleep**ty laptop back.. hp seems like fraud.

HP Recommended

@Wajid12

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My laptop also have display backlight bleed in middle and in bottom. In middle it have large patch. It is also over heating to 87 degree celcius. I raised the complaint around 15 days ago and first customer said i will get DOA and now today they said laptop is working according to their design. My case id is 5052372225. Please help me.  So far experienced that hp have worst support and worst technical team. 

HP Recommended

bios was already updated one

HP Recommended

How many days has it been since you got the laptop ? Apply for a replacement if it has not been 14 days yet

HP Recommended

it was only 4 days when i complained about they. service centre had it for 12 days.  i bought it on 21 Aug 2020. it has been now around 16days now in total. Yesderday customer service called and asked me to visit and after visit they gave laptop back to me and said over heating and screen bleed in middle of screen is ok and its normal according to there design. I am helpless. Feeling like hp company is full of fraud people... They made me call them 5 times and service centre visit 4 times. i lost my sleep and business deals cuz of it.

HP Recommended

Im sorry for you man, looks like you have been duped. Since they arent accepting the replacement option then only thing left is to buy a good quality cooler for the laptop. While gaming use a book to keep it in a slanted position so that cold air intake isnt hindered through the bottom when kept on a desk.

HP Recommended

i was thinking how can company like approve such bad design. if that is the case then i am thinking to file case against hp in consumer court. They are saying backlight bleed is also such design. that is absurd.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.