Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-Cx0009ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, as this is the 4th time I have asked for the same issue, and despite efforts, no results were done whatsoever,

I have explained my issue in this -> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Audio-getting-lowered-automaitclly/td-p/7756208 , simply saying, whenever I run audio of any kind, it gets lowered to almost half the audio, if I set it to 50% in windows, it slowly became 25%, but the slider didn't move, just the output sound which changes, as seen in the following video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b5Bn-EG69g5fUmzhybpMKmx5ISX36ifW/view?usp=sharing

I asked again in here https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Lower-volume-despite-ressting/td-p/7965273/highlight/... in which I reset my computer, still same issue and with the diagnosis from the mate there, went to a local hp contact and they said no damage in my internal speaker, they made it to generic audio but it's just sound very dull and low volume.

in short, it's an audio driver issue, the one on my driver page is from 2019, and when I try to install it, it says wrong windows version, right now I'm using version 6.0.1.8536, I just need a version that is compatible with this windows version 10 version 20H2 ( OS build 19042.789).

Please I'm doing online education right now, and the low volume is really bad for me and my studies

P.S. when i use Bluetooth earbud OR headphone, there is no issue what so ever, so i suspect the issue being related to B & O play experience

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

-- UPDATE --

After further investigatoin into my pc apps and drivers, i think i found what is casued the issue!

the issue is being caused when ever i open Bluestacks 3 , and it would break the whole audio for my computer until i restart my pc!

there is 3 main steps i followed to fix the issue, 

1. when ever i open bluestacks, i resatert after it to fix the audio.

2. i took owner of the file that has the audio app ( google how to take owner windows 10 ).

3. i made the app run as admintrastor, and i run it maunally each time i open the computer.

and so with these steps , my audio no longer has any kind of issue

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Ayhamo 

Please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                   https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104405.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
    (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
    (d) Reboot again.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

""

HP Recommended

I have a similar issue. I lose about half of the right channel. I have uninstalled and installed the suggested drivers with no luck.

And for some reason, the driver always state it is the version from September of 2020.

I am seriously thinking about returning my Omen, while I still have the chance.

HP Recommended

-- UPDATE --

After further investigatoin into my pc apps and drivers, i think i found what is casued the issue!

the issue is being caused when ever i open Bluestacks 3 , and it would break the whole audio for my computer until i restart my pc!

there is 3 main steps i followed to fix the issue, 

1. when ever i open bluestacks, i resatert after it to fix the audio.

2. i took owner of the file that has the audio app ( google how to take owner windows 10 ).

3. i made the app run as admintrastor, and i run it maunally each time i open the computer.

and so with these steps , my audio no longer has any kind of issue

HP Recommended

That is quite a difficult issue to solve over a forum, especially since we have no way of knowing what 3rd party things a user has installed.

Do you still have to reboot windows after running Bluestacks even after running it as Admin, to get normal audio in Windows again?

HP Recommended

Photoray002

Yes, from my testings, it seems every time i run bluestacks, my audio breaks as mentioned the video, which gets like 30-40 % lowered automatically, the only way to solve it is by restarting the whole pc, was not able to find any other solutions really

and also i should mentoin that taking owner or running B & O app as admin did not effect what so ever, but i just wanted to mentoin them so if anyone has same issue, he could solve it at least, the problem continued for exactly 7 months and finally was able to fix it

HP Recommended

Ya, Ive heard Bluestacks causes a lot of oddball issues like this.

There isn't anything still running in the background after you exit out of Bluestacks in the Task Manager that can be disabled?

Is upgrading to 5 or such any better?

HP Recommended

yes, after closing bluestacks4, no bluestacks proccess is running at background, nor showing in the task manager.

bluestacks 5 is still in beta, it's really bad and not optimzed as for now, and also not the  final verisoin of it, so i woudn't give you an answer on bluestacks 5

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.