Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

OMEN 15-en0000 Laptop PC Series

I think I need BIOS F.07 Rev.A recovery which I had before BIOS upgrade attempt. Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Ok will try get this for you when I get home 👍

HP Recommended

Hey @Ntkernel try extracting this to a fat32 formatted usb and let me know how you get on 🙂

UPDATE: Link removed, just ask if anyone needs this again 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, I have finally managed to restore and update BIOS. It looks that all issues with Virtual Machine Platform have gone. Will do more testing though.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Please, could you provide the BIOS files for HP Omen 15?

I've downloaded the sp110332.exe file that creates teh BIOS_Update.exe but unfortunately there is no way to run it so I cannot create the USB Flash Recovery BIOS.

How did you manage to execute it? I've tried to do in Win10 and Win7 but doesn't work.

Also @Ntkernel, do you still have the files?

Best regards,

Daniel

HP Recommended

Hi,

Just happened the same to me with an Omen 15.

Could you post or upload the BIOS that you got from @Di9italant?

Best regards,

Daniel

HP Recommended

I have sent you a link in private message. However, you don't need this BIOS unless your BIOS broken and it was the latest BIOS version you have had installed.If you need the fix for the WSL2 issue then you can get via Windows Update.

I was able to open HP BIOS app on the single PC of around the dozen I had tested...

HP Recommended

I cannot see any private message. Maybe because I'm level 1?

I need the it because the BIOS is completely broken and the only way to recover it is using a USB Flash Drive with the BIOS utility from HP.

Could you post the link here?

HP Recommended

Here you go guys - this is the recovery usb for F.07 you will have to attempt BIOS update again for F.12

Make sure you are plugged into power and that Windows Update has finished dowloading / installing all other updates before restarting when going to F.12

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sHVDjcoxWo_ePqDO-0_LO3MUV28XfjqV/view?usp=sharing

HP Recommended

So many thanks! Going to test it!

edit:

It works, I've recovered the BIOS.

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.