Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 15-dh0007na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a Cintiq to my, recently purchased, laptop (Omen 15-dh0007na). I am not getting an image across to the Cintiq. Windows does not recognize a second display. However pen-tablet functionality works!

I've tried with 2 devices: Cintiq DTK-2100 and Cintiq 13HD ... same result for both.

I've also confirmed that both Cintiqs work correctly on a Razer15 and a desktop PC. Which rule out the peripherals and cables as problematic.

Please advise!

Many thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So, I updated bios and a bunch of drivers and it worked.

I should have seen that straight away. 😕

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Dan_Vargas , welcome to the forum.

Here are the System Requirements for the Cintiq:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Make sure your computer meets the following minimum system requirements:

PC. Windows 7, Vista™, XP (32 and 64 bit). DVI or VGA connector, available USB port, and CD-ROM drive.

Macintosh. OS X, v10.4 or greater. DVI or VGA connector, available USB port, and CD-ROM drive.

Cintiq supports both digital (DVI) and analog (VGA) video signals. If updating your video card, first complete the video card installation before connecting Cintiq. If you have another display that is compatible with your video card, you can use that display to verify the video card is operating correctly.

Although you can connect Cintiq to either a DVI or VGA video card, connecting to a DVI video card generally results in optimum performance.

Notes:

Cintiq can be used alone or with another display, such as a CRT monitor or LCD projector. To use Cintiq with another display, you will need two video cards or a video card with dual output.

You may be able to set up Cintiq as a mirrored, extended, or independent display.

When working with more than one monitor, Cintiq will map to the monitors based upon how your system is configured. By default, if you are in mirror mode, the pen display will map to the entire space on each monitor. See your hardware and operating system documentation for details on configuring your system for use with multiple monitors.

A Display Toggle function is available for use with multiple display systems. This enables you to toggle the screen cursor between Cintiq and your other displays.

You are trying to connect an older device to a much newer device.  This sometimes can cause problems; especially, if you don't have Win 10 software and drivers for the older device.  I suggest that you contact the manufacturer's Tech Support to see if they can help you solve your problem.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Old_geekster.

The Cintiq 13HD is not ancient. The DTK-2100 is a several generations older though.

That said, these two devices work fine on my Razer Laptop running Win10. Wacom is also generally good with their driver support.

D

HP Recommended

So, I updated bios and a bunch of drivers and it worked.

I should have seen that straight away. 😕

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.