Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0835no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought my new Gaming Laptop HP OMEN 17-CBO835NO. Everything was working perfect until Windows Update didnt automaticly update windows 10 to the newer version, exactly Windows 10 ver 1909. Suddenly he stopped regocnizing my graphic card, even when i try to install a new driver Nvidia Geforce Game Ready Driver for RTX 2070 card i says that the graphic driver is not compatible with the windows version. I tried everything, updating all drivers from HP, starting from BIOS and ending at all firmware drivers. Please help me otherwise i will have to return this laptop because I have no use of it. In addition i can tell that i made a factory restart, and everything was again perfect, until again the update wasnt done automaticly

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

@Loza0076,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues with the graphics driver after upgrading to Windows 1909.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you download and install HP support assistant from the below link and it will automatically download and install all the latest drivers available for your computer.

Here is how it is done.

Download link: https://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/p...

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This was the first thing that i have done. All Updates from HP Assistence have been installed, I refresh them even everyday to check if their aren't any new updates. I have done everything from my side, the problem is that you don't have the driver for nvidia rtx 2070 in the new Windows ver 1909. I can show you that, but I thought that you will show me the solution...

1.jpgHere is all your drivers for the normal Windows 10, you can see that the graphic card driver is available.

Now check what kind of drivers are only available for Windows 10 ver 1909

2.jpg

Please fix this issue as soon as possible beacause I cant wait too long.

HP Recommended

@Loza0076

Thank you for posting back.

The last thing I can suggest trying is a restore back to the factory. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You call this a solutions? Restoring my computer to factory settings? I have done it by myself as I mentioned it at my first post. And you consider that each time my computer makes automaticly an update I have to repeat the procedure? Or maybe cut The Internet connection just in case it doesnt update anything? I don`t want to be rude, but can I talk with someone who  has more knowledge in computers then I have? Because this discusion leads to nowhere. And I still can`t fully be satisfied of my new purchase. I`m starting to regret that I changed my computer brand to HP after 10 peaceful years of satysfing usage of another company. Please find/create/discover an nvidia rtx 2070 driver that is compatible with windows 10 ver. 1909. Please answer me as quick as possible if you are able to fix this issue, if not i will return °your" computer to the store.

HP Recommended

Hi @Loza0076

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you kidding us?
I have the same prob - no Nvidia RTX2070 on W10-1909.
I have the notebook since 3 days. A notebokk that costs more than 2.200 euro

Are you serious ?????

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with a  GTX 1660 Ti,  i tried everything,   and in list device i have problems with :

Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901

sorry i for the bad english, but i speak spanish,

HP Recommended

Yup, same issue here, did the windows update, no issues with installation of the update. Attepmt to play a game tonight nothing too graphically heavy (Football Manager 19) and notice it is lagging heavy, where as the night before installing the windows update it was running buttery smooth.

I check the display settings and find it the display is running a generic display driver, try loading Nvidia panel, it tells me there is no compatible graphics card. I try GeoForce Experience to load a new driver, same thing no compatible graphics card. I manual search for the driver on Nvidia website and it wont install due to again no compatible graphics card.

Under Device Manager

There is no display adapter.

Under the heading Monitors it is "Generic PnP Monitor"

As the person above me highlights the Device Manager does highlight an issue with the Intel(R) PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901 (I assume the connection to the graphics card)

I have run the Drivers update and diagnostic tests excluding the 4 hour test with the HP Support Assistant - No issues have been found.

As a last resort I then attempted to do a full reset and having that bother and that fails to reset too, no error code was given.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rasinoco

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.