Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hpdeskjet 3520

My wifi asks for a password for the hp dedkjet 3520 which I don’t have any ideas please 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Marg8

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand you are looking for a password to connect your printer to the network.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - 

1) Have you tried the router's password? 
2) Can you send us a picture 
3) Is this about the Wi-Fi Direct password? If yes, please try these steps -

Step 1 Try the default password - 12345678. 

If the default password does not work, please print a Network Configuration page and look for a Wi-Fi or a Wireless Direct password.

Step 2  To print a Network Configuration page - From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.

If the issue still persists, try a network restore and re-connect the printer to your network.

Network Restore - From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.

If the router has a WPS push button, please try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.
2) Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

If this step is not successful, then we need to first connect the printer to a computer using a USB and then convert the wired connection to wireless as the printer does not have a control panel to enter the Wi-Fi password. Please refer to this link for steps.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Marg8

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand you are looking for a password to connect your printer to the network.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - 

1) Have you tried the router's password? 
2) Can you send us a picture 
3) Is this about the Wi-Fi Direct password? If yes, please try these steps -

Step 1 Try the default password - 12345678. 

If the default password does not work, please print a Network Configuration page and look for a Wi-Fi or a Wireless Direct password.

Step 2  To print a Network Configuration page - From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.

If the issue still persists, try a network restore and re-connect the printer to your network.

Network Restore - From the printer control panel, press the Wireless button and the Information button together to print the network configuration page.

If the router has a WPS push button, please try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.
2) Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

If this step is not successful, then we need to first connect the printer to a computer using a USB and then convert the wired connection to wireless as the printer does not have a control panel to enter the Wi-Fi password. Please refer to this link for steps.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.