Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5030
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi, everything was working perfectly until I put my first ink cartridge in from the instant ink subscription, now the printer won't print saying I need to be enrolled - which I already am. When I log in to my account it doesnt seem to be able to contact the printer and yet I know I'm connected etc. Ridiculously frustrating as I keep going around in circles, resetting router and printer, switching off the eservices and then switching it back on. I almost want to reset everything but worried I'll lose the 4 free months I have which wouldn't be fair. At the moment it just gathers dust, will buy a different brand soon if I cant get this sorted as so far I feel like this has been a huge waste of money, wouldn't recommend it to my enemy.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@GingerJo89, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@GingerJo89

Thanks for replying! This is in response to your private message.

Follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Assign manual IP to the printer

The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server. These are Google’s public DNS servers.

Restart the printer and try printing.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

On the hp printer update, my printer pops up as an option to update (correct serial etc) however the update fails and says to restart printer, have tried this 3 times with no luck. 

Manual assign IP requires being able to print....which I obviously cant do atm.

HP Recommended

@GingerJo89

Thanks for replying!

You can tap on the printer's wireless button to get the IP address which will further help you assign the manual IP.

The firmware update can be tried on the printer front panel. Here is how you do it-

1. Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons vary by printer.

• Printers with an ePrint button or icon: Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

• Printers with text-based menus: Select the Setup, Service, or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools if necessary, then select Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet Update.

2. If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Used the onscreen menu to update, which it did successfully. It restarted.....and still says I cannot print before I enrol. 

For the manual IP address it says I need a number/sequence to type into a blank web page which can only be found on the print out doesnt it? So how can I do the manual IP without the print out?

HP Recommended

Rewatched the video on the manual ip and have done that with no issue. Restarted the printer again...and still says the same thing. Will be binning this printer and buying a different brand by the end of the week as this is ridiculous. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.