Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer cannot connect to the instant ink server. The printer screen shows the message "Cannot print. Connect printer to update HP Instant Ink status." When I press Connect the following message shows "The printer cannot connect to Web Services." This has been showing for a few weeks now and I cannot print anything. When I login to my Instant Ink Account it shows the printer as online with a green tick, but in the top right it says "Cannot connect to printer now". If I press the refresh button the same message comes up. I've tried repowering the printer and the wireless router. Can someone help?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm having the same problem. It started about the same time just after the new year. I tried resetting printer, router and PC. I even deleted the printer from the PC and re-installed it, but still the problem is there. This error happened to me before, about a year ago, and a printer firmware upgrade fixed it. Perhaps HP need to upgrade their firmware again.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with the envy 6234, for the past couple of weeks. I’ve tried everything I can online, updating firmware etc. The printer is linked to the internet and other web services ie printing via email are working correctly, it just seems unable to connect to instant ink. I’ve now got the annoying message saying to connect to the server which I’m having to override every time I want to print something. 

HP Recommended

I too am having the same problem and cannot get anyone at HP to even respond despite having tried all their online solutions. None of which work by the way. I am so angry that I have cancelled my Instant Ink account. As for having to press the Connect/OK option button every time you want to print, this can be stopped by turning off the Web Services option in the Setup menu. At least then you can print without interruption although I don't know if it has any impact on any other services.

I have to say I think HP Support is appalling on this.

HP Recommended

GarryB1 I've come toe same conclusion. The best solution is to cancel Instant Ink, which I'm doing now.

HP Recommended

Hi I literally have exactly the same problem - and have tried for hours to find a solution through their website and on the online virtual support - all of which are useless.  The cynic in me thinks it's because they want you to buy a new printer!

HP Recommended

Have you read the Terms of Agreement for using Instant Ink ??  You will be amazed at what HP can do if you use Instant Ink. They control your printer and can shut it down at will. They also have the rights to view all your data on the machine the printer is connected to. If you turn off Instant Ink your printer will not work until you replace the ink with retail replacements.

HP Recommended

I am having this problem also...….. have spent hours today trying to resolve it...….my ink is nearly out and its not communicating to order more so ive no idea what to do as if I buy cartridges from the shop it might stop my printer.....

HP sort this out please - dreadful service 

HP Recommended

Well the good news is I’ve got mine fixed. The not so good news is that it took well over 2 hours.! I went on support.hp.com, logged in  clicked on contact support. I had to enter the product number and serial number and then a ‘chat’ function appeared. It involved a ‘hard factory reset of the printer and then I had to give the guy on the chat a new printer code which he then assigned to my account. That fixed the web services problem but then I couldn’t get my laptop to print. I was given a reference number then told to go on Facebook messenger and search for HPUK  Corporate office and then through that they talked me through a full (as opposed to quick) install which eventually got it all sorted. Really hope this helps you all as it’s so frustrating! 

HP Recommended

RE HP deskjet 2600 all in one printer, when l send something to printer l get the message { print is in an error state)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.