Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5000 printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 5000 printer. I have just canceled HP Instant Ink and am in need of a cartridge recycling envelope in order to return my last Ink cartridges. 

Here's the problem: I received a link to request a recycling envelope from HP in an email, but for some reason it simply will not accept my phone number, so it will not allow me to complete the request.  I get the same problem whether I access the link from my laptop or my phone. 

The original envelope that came with the cartridges has been misplaced. 

Can I place them in a manila envelope and mail them, and if so, what is the address?

What are the repercussions if I don't send the cartridges back?

Will they send me an envelope automatically when they realize I still have their cartridges?

Thanks in advance. 

I've jumped through hoops trying to do the right thing and send them back but I was disconnected  by two different customer service reps and I cannot find a link to request an envelope that works.

Any advice for obtaining an envelope would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@wdrbbq When you subscribe to the HP Instant Ink program, you pay for the pages you print, not the cartridge,

The cartridges are free of charge, hence you can discard them, if you aren't able to send them back, no harm done.

That said, let me know if you need anything else.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@wdrbbq When you subscribe to the HP Instant Ink program, you pay for the pages you print, not the cartridge,

The cartridges are free of charge, hence you can discard them, if you aren't able to send them back, no harm done.

That said, let me know if you need anything else.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. I appreciate them both.

I understand that I was only paying for copies. However, the analogy that comes to mind is that of cancelling cable. When you cancel cable, you can't just throw the cable box away. It's the cable company's property and they want it back. If you have thrown it away, they will charge you for it. Likewise, the cartridges are HP's property and I didn't know if they would charge me for not returning them. 

HP Recommended

@wdrbbq If you are unable to send it back, you wouldn't be charged as such, besides, you've already cancelled the account, so there's nothing to worry about!

That said, I like the analogy you've used, although, in this scenario return cartridges aren't the same as the cable, it's more like an extra set of cable wire or the tape attached to the wire, which just needs to be discarded, unless you wish to return it as well, out of good will!

I hope that helps!

Good luck, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

HP Instant Ink - Recycle HP Instant Ink Cartridges

This document is for HP Instant Ink customers.
HP Instant Ink cartridges are the property of HP and must be returned when empty, or when your service is cancelled
Postage-paid cartridge recycling envelopes are included with most HP Instant Ink shipments*. To maximize environmental benefits, wait until you have three to eight empty cartridges, fill the envelope, and then send them back together.
If you do not have a postage-paid recycling envelope, either wait for the next ink shipment or order an extra envelope from your Instant Ink account page.
*Cartridge recycling is not available in Italy or Portugal. Follow local regulations to dispose of cartridges responsibly.
NOTE: If you have standard, non-HP Instant Ink cartridges you want to recycle, go to Product return and recycling (in English).
  1. Your HP Instant Ink account page opens.
  2. On your HP Instant Ink account page, click Order a Cartridge Recycling Envelope in the Help Center area.

JessikaV_1-1673610036466.png

3. Review your order, and then click Submit.

JessikaV
HP Support Community Administrator

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.