Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
HP Recommended
Envy 5050
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought an Envy 5050 on Sept 3, 2019. I've been trying ever since to get it to connect to the Instant Ink site. CS has had me reboot, reset, reinstall, and nothing is working. When I ping the printer, the settings for Web Services are good except Instant Ink is disabled. I have been sent cartridges repeatedly but this does not enable the program to allow me to use them. I was supposed to get a call back from the "higher" techs 3 days ago, but as usual, no call backs. This is the 3rd time I haven't been called back since I got the printer. Right now, I am only able to print via HP Smart or if I'm printing from the internet. I can't even open an existing document to print that out unless I save it first, then use HP Smart. This is very irritating. I am in a rural area and it's 30+  miles to go buy an ink cartridge, but unless I can get the Instant Ink option enabled, I can't use any of the 6 program inks I"m currently holding.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Lemsr

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am still waiting for a valid resolution. The rep who is PM'ing me just wants me to do what I have already done and call the Instant Ink phone number. I have received yet another set of program cartridges I cannot use until the Instant Ink feature is enabled on my printer. Does anyone who works for HP's customer service actually know what they need to do to help fix this?

HP Recommended

Hi did you ever get this resolved? I’ve been going round in circles same as you. No idea how to make an official complaint- emails bounce back as unmonitored inboxes (even though agents have emailed from them) virtual agent is terrible, and when you do get someone to talk to they try to tell you to do the same thing over and over again. Wish I had never signed up to instant ink or even bought a hp printer!

HP Recommended

I did. I called the HP Tech Support line and finally managed to get someone who was able to expedite my case. The resolution was the replacement printer I was told I needed back in October. HP Ink isn't helpful at all on any actual problem. They are basically there just for the purpose of getting you signed up. There's just no training for real problems.

HP Recommended

Hi @Chloew390

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.